Chapter 7

Yoongi was found slumped against the floor of his bedroom with beer bottles strewn all around him.

It had been two days since he last saw Soo-ji with Park Chanyeol. At first, he went crazy. All the things around the room had been knocked over and destroyed. He hadn't stepped out of his room once and just drank and drank.

But now, as the silence surrounded him and the image of them kissing, her harsh words and the cold stare she gave him replayed in his mind, he felt a familiar feeling that he hadn't felt in a long time.

His heart was closing again. The last time he felt this way was when his parents died - an empty feeling that you were left alone. But this changed ever since Soo-ji came into his life. That lonely and icy feeling melted and changed into something warm, bright and happy.

She made him feel alive, more open. She gave him a reason to smile.

A knock was heard at the door and Taehyung peered through.

"Hyung..." he said softly, "come down for dinner. Jin made you fried chicken."

"I'm not hungry." Yoongi replied like a dead corpse.

Taehyung sighed before crouching down to his level. "You never say no to chicken." He said with a small teasing grin on his face.

Yoongi stared at him emotionless, not even moving an inch.

"Piss off," Yoongi said before turning away from him.

Taehyung's smile dropped slowly. He stood up and walked back out the room when Yoongi's voice stopped in his tracks.

"Find out what Park Chanyeol is holding against her."

Standing frozen for a few seconds, Taehyung eventually nodded stiffly before shutting the bedroom door behind him.

A wave of guilt crept up to him as he thought about Soo-ji and her parents.

He knew Yoongi absolutely loved her to bits. And yet, he didn't save her when he had the chance to in the alleyway. And not only that, he must now use every way to stop her getting out of there. Because Soo-ji staying in there was the best chance in ruining the XV Gang once and for all. And in order to keep her in there, that meant her parents had to endure it for a while longer. He wanted to hit himself so bad when he half promised Soo-ji that he would get her parents out. He would eventually, just not yet.

Selfish bastard.

Using Soo-ji to bring down the XV and White Thorn gangs to guarantee Yoongi's safety was a huge risk he had to take. If Yoongi knew he put Soo-ji's life on the line for himself to live, he would be dead in a ditch somewhere within minutes.

But he was left with no other choice. Over the years of staying beside Yoongi, he came to treat him as a real brother. And Soo-ji, he came to see her as a friend but most importantly he came to realise she wasn't just any girl to Yoongi. He actually fell in love with her.

Muttering a curse under his breath, he stomped downstairs and slapped a tight smile on his face.

"He still hiding in his hole?" Jin asked, as he disappointedly placed the fried chicken down on the table.

"Yeah, your chicken charm didn't work."

"This can't carry on," Namjoon declared, "we have to do something. He'll bloody turn to mould!"