Chapter 16

"You done well. Twenty million is alive and breathing!" Kai whispered excitedly so only Chanyeol could hear, patting his back in approval with a happy grin on his face.

Such contrast to the glum tired look on Chanyeol's face.

"Stop calling her that." Chanyeol spat at him in annoyance.

They finally arrived home after such a long night.

As they all piled inside the front door, Soo-ji walked straight to her room, not sparing a glance at anyone.

Chanyeol, who kept his eyes on her the whole time since Yoongi left her behind at the club, opened his mouth to call out to her, say anything to her. But she strode right past him, not even screaming at him like he expected her to.

Instead, she remained silent. Not a tear stain on her face. Not looking at anyone. Not acknowledging anything. She withdrew into her shell.

Taehee sighed as she too proceeded to go to her room. But Chanyeol caught her arm just in time before she walked any further.

"Keep an eye on her, okay?" Chanyeol said, concern and worry lacing through his voice.

Taehee rolled her eyes at him. "You're a right knob, Chanyeol. Sometimes your jokes go too far."

"What joke?"

"This whole set up!" Taehee hissed at him in a low voice, afraid that Soo-ji would hear them, "you planned this whole thing thinking it would be funny, right? To taunt Min Yoongi?! Well look what happened now! Soo-ji thought Min Yoongi was still waiting for her, trying to save her. But because of you, he not only doesn't want her anymore, he wants her dead! And what the fuck is this whole petty fight about a kiss two days ago, huh?!"

It was Chanyeol's turn to roll his eyes at her. "Yah. Take a breather, will you? You're almost rapping."

Taehee bared her teeth at him as she shot him a glare.

"I got my boob squeezed because of you."

Chanyeol grimaced in disgust thinking of his sister's bangers.

As Taehee stomped to her room like a child being told off, Kai threw himself onto the living room sofa and laid down.

"Why aren't you going home?" Chanyeol asked him, looking down at his splayed form as he began to close his eyes, leaning on one arm behind his head.

"I'm crashing here tonight," Kai yawned, slumber kicking in as his heavy eyes drooped into a close. "Don't worry, I'll leave in the morning to clear the bodies out in the club."

Chanyeol pursed his lips into a thin line and walked off to his room. The events from earlier replayed in his mind and he almost shivered when imagining Soo-ji being one of the bodies lying on the floor right now.

Stopping just outside his door, he looked down the hallway to her room and sighed once before entering his room.

On the other side of town occupied by the White Thorn gang, Yoongi sat at the sofa in his living room. His stony scowling face directed at Taehyung in front of him was evident that he was outraged at the man before him.

"Are my commands nothing to you now?" Yoongi growled out hoarsely in an abnormally chilling voice, "I told you before to find out what Park Chanyeol was holding against Soo-ji. You knew her parents were taken. Why didn't you tell me?"

Taehyung looked down at his feet before drawing a deep breath in. He knew he couldn't hide this forever from Yoongi. Thankfully, he already planned this answer a long time ago.

"Is there a point in saving them?" Taehyung answered bravely, locking his gaze with Yoongi courageously. He then forced himself to say the next thing that he knew, or rather convinced himself, was the best for the whole situation.

"I found out Soo-ji already moved on to Park Chanyeol while I was digging up information on her."

On the outside, Taehyung's convincing demeanour almost looked too real as he looked sympathetically at Yoongi. On the inside, however, he wanted to knock himself out as the guilt ate him.

"Yes, Park Chanyeol may have her parents. But for all you know, he's holding her parents 'hostage' in a nice penthouse! They're probably having a ball of a time right now and not in any rush to come out!"

In times like these, Taehyung thanked the harsh training he went through with the KSI as he spewed lie after lie.

"Soo-ji had many chances to tell you to get her and her parents out. But she didn't, and you know why? Because she's staying there willingly, Yoongi. And so are her parents. I bet you anything Park Chanyeol is treating them like mum and dad in law! You really think she would come back to you if you save her parents? Wake the fuck up!"

The glass coffee table in between them shattered into tiny little crystal stones as Yoongi smashed his fist on top of it.

The broken glass crunched under Yoongi's shoes as he took two aggressive strides forward and Taehyung found himself lifted an inch off the floor as Yoongi's fists curled around his collar.

"Kim Taehyung," Yoongi said tersely, a vein popping on the side of his neck, "just because you're my brother, it doesn't mean you can push your boundaries. I've had enough crap for one night so shut your box if you're gonna chew me out like that!"

Taehyung swallowed and squared his jaw tensely.

Then he said the only truth in the whole conversation.

"I'm on your side, hyung. I only want what's best for you."

The door of the living room burst open with a loud bang. Several bodies toppled on top of each other at the doorway as they became tangled together.

"Ouch!" Jimin yelped as Jungkook laid on top of him.

Jin screeched. "WAH! Joon! Your nut is in my face!"

"Yas baby." [A/N: jk jk]

At the bottom of the human pile, a single hand was waving lifelessly. Said hand belonged to poor Hoseok, who could not even croak a single sound.

Jungkook, being the first one on top, pushed himself off and hastily stumbled towards Yoongi and Taehyung.

"Yah yah yah." He said, separating the both of them, "we don't need civil war to start."

Jimin came over next and pushed Yoongi back down onto the sofa, one hand on his shoulder to keep him in place.

Namjoon went to Taehyung, pulling his collar upright and straightening his shirt.

Jin, with his oldest hyung instinct kicking in, stood tall in the middle of the living room, hands on his hips as he scowled at both Yoongi and Taehyung.

"Must you, really?" He deadpanned, shaking his head at them. "Pull yourselves together, for crying out loud! It's the middle of the night, are we really gonna debate about loyalties at this time?! What the hell would the neighbours think when they hear tables smashing and shouting?"

🌚

"Can we all just sleep this off for now?!" Jin then ushered everyone out to their rooms.

But before passing by Hoseok who just picked himself up off the floor as he clutched his neck in pain, Jin said, "you good? Clean up the glass. Thanks."

[A/N]

Bottom Kook or bottom Chim?