Chapter 21

A hard leather boot slammed into the back of Taehyung's knees, forcing him to kneel.

Both of his arms were restrained by Kai behind him who shoved a knee to his back, completely disabling his movements.

Chanyeol stood in front of him. His arms crossed against his chest, a seething look on his face as he stared Taehyung down like he was a dirty cockroach under his shoe. It would've been a scary sight if he wasn't clutching onto Taehyung's wig in one hand.

Next to him, Taehee stood with a smug grin.

"I caught him sniffing around Soo-ji in the girls' toilets." Taehee informed her brother, who then flashed a deadly glare at Soo-ji.

She gulped. Chanyeol was mad, very very mad as a matter of fact. By the way he looked at her, she knew she was in huge trouble.

"What exactly are you looking for here, Kim Taehyung?" Chanyeol bent down to grab onto Taehyung's face roughly in his hands, his fingers squeezed so hard on both of his cheeks that Soo-ji was afraid he would snap Taehyung's jaw in half.

"Not much," Taehyung spluttered through gritted teeth, his eyes glistening with painful tears as Chanyeol's hand locked his head in place, "I was intrigued by the infamous XV Club so I wanted to have a tour. Nice space you have here, rent must be extortionate though. I hope you sell enough tequilas to pay it off."

"One," Chanyeol growled in his face, a vein or two popping on the side of his neck as he suppressed the bubbling anger, "this club is owned outright. Two, stop spewing nonsense. And three, touring around the toilets?!"

The stone hard grip on Taehyung's face loosened and Taehyung gasped for breath. Chanyeol stood upright, turning his attention onto Soo-ji as he snapped, "what was he saying to you in the bathroom?"

"Nothing," Soo-ji said a bit too quickly with a poker face, "he was only checking I was okay after seeing Yoongi trying to kill me off."

Chanyeol mocked her in a small laugh. "You're trying to tell me he came all this way, risking his and your life - may I emphasise - to check that you were doing okay? At least make up a better lie!"

Soo-ji swallowed the lump forming at the back of her throat. She knew it was the most ridiculous lie to think of but she decided acting dumb was the best way to go without giving anything away.

She shrugged casually, "I'm telling you the truth. Taehyung was my friend in high school and he was worried about me. But I don't suppose you would understand. Do you have any friends?"

"Don't step over the line, Choi Soo-ji. Do you want a bullet through your head now?" Kai butted in, his dark face threatening to rip her to pieces.

"I'm used to it, Kai." Chanyeol said, his eyes not leaving Soo-ji's, "take the bastard intruder back to the house. Keep him there until I return."

"Oppa," Taehee jumped in, "leave Kim Taehyung to me."

All eyes averted to her in surprise.

She smirked.

And Taehyung did not like that smirk at all. The sinister curve on the corner of her lips gave him goosebumps.

"No..." Taehyung breathed out in a whisper, fear encasing him wholly, "not her, please... anyone but her."

"I'll take care of hi-" Kai offered, eager to prove himself.

"He's all yours, Taehee. Watch over him." Chanyeol said, ignoring a furious Kai as he was not in the mood to discuss who would be their hostage's watcher. He, himself, had another hostage to deal with.