Chapter 28

Under the starry black night of Seoul city, sirens and flashing blue lights disturbed the usually peaceful air.

Citizens, unaware and afraid, were warned to stay indoors as the news channel blasted from one house to the next.

"Fifty firefighters tackle inferno blaze at garage on the outskirts of the capital as twenty seven feared dead."

"The grand XV Club in the exclusive area of Hongdae raided in the early morning hours..."

"Gang related break-ins are spreading throughout the country. Please lock your doors and do not leave your residence until the situation is under control by legal authorities."

Ignorance is bliss.

But to a particular girl in the name of Park Taehee, she was less fortunate.

Her home had been violently invaded by the White Thorn Gang, all in the name of saving her hostage, Kim Taehyung, while she, herself, was lucky to be alive after surviving the ordeal.

Meanwhile, her brother had been brought home unconscious from a fatal gun wound.

And the bad news didn't end there.

As a result of Yoongi's deadly gunshot on Park Chanyeol, all it took was one bullet of his to singlehandedly throw the XV Gang into turmoil and instability as their leader's fate remained uncertain.

And that only meant one thing.

For the very first time, Taehee, second in command of the XV Gang, had no choice but to take control for the time being while her brother fought for his life.

***

The blackness behind Soo-ji's eyelids was what she considered blissful at that exact second.

No vision.

Nothing to see.

Nothing to acknowledge.

What you don't know won't hurt you.

But her heightened senses from the darkness enveloping her surroundings made her very aware of a familiar smell penetrating through her nostrils.

That familiar scent, of sandalwood and a subtle hint of vanilla, was the exact same smell when a certain raven black haired boy used to encase his arms around her, wrapping her into his safe haven.

Only this time, it felt different.

Back then, it brought her comfort and security; warmth. Now? Her hairs stood on end as fear struck complete terror into her bones.

Flashing her eyes open, a familiar pair of cold eyes stared back at her.

"You're awake," Yoongi hovered over her, pushing her further down onto the soft mattress she was lying on with his lower body.

Or more precisely, his bed. In his bedroom.

"You passed out last night when I showed up." He said to her.

Soo-ji gulped, holding her breath. She vaguely remembered struggling to breathe from the lack of oxygen in her brain by smoke inhalation and then blacking out at the sight of Yoongi.

Everything became too much for her in one night. From one nightmare after another, seeing him was the last thing she needed.

And as she stared at him in shock now, in the flesh, she couldn't wrap her head around the fact that he was actually there.

Let alone on top of her.

Balling a handful of the bedsheets into her fist, she forced to keep herself in check. Her heartbeat pulsated at an intense speed that cemented every muscle in her body, immobilising her of any speech or movement.

A lump stretched her throat as she locked eyes with him; the intense passion sparking in the close space between them made it suffocating for the both of them as they held each other's gaze.

At such close proximity, he was exactly how she remembered him - messy black hair that begged her to run her fingers through, soft red lips that she ached to snatch up if she moved a few inches closer. But no more was the Yoongi who looked at her like she was the only girl in the world. Instead, his flat, stoic expression did nothing to hide the dangerous streak, telling her exactly who was in control here.

And when he dipped his head down closer to her, releasing a little smirk, every inch of her skin heated up in ferocity as her blood boiled.

This was how Yoongi wanted her to be. Cower, shake in fear, beg for mercy.

She hated it, or hated him, to be accurate, for making her want to fuck him and rush him at the same time.

Stroking a thumb on the surface of her flushed cheek, he laughed under his breath, "you're still the same, Choi Soo-ji."

And then her eyes widened in shock.

A lock of his silky black hair fell over her face when he brushed his lips against hers, his teeth tugging on her bottom lip so hard that it drew blood.

Soo-ji squirmed against him, a yelp of pain emanated from the back of her hoarse throat as she squeezed her eyes tightly shut.

The raw pain ignited every part of her. Her head ran wild, her muscles burned and her train of thoughts jumped from one painful memory to another.

The razor cut he was causing on her lip was nothing in comparison to the pain he made her go through this whole time - all because he decided himself that she didn't want him, that she was a liar, that she was a traitor who went with the enemy.

In that precise moment, she blamed everything that happened to her on him. From being left behind at the mercy of the XV Gang to almost being raped and sold off...

All of this could have been easily avoided.

If he just believed in her.

How dare he, with his arrogance radiating off of him, that he still expected her to cry, be the scared girl she once was? Or be the weak, shameful girl who begged for his understanding?

No, it was time to face him and push back.

It was time to show him who was in control now.

Clamping onto his hand on the side of her cheek, she dug her nails into the centre of his palm and wrenched it away from her face.

Using her newfound strength, she flipped him onto his back, wasting no time in straddling both sides of him as she pinned his arms above his head.

"Wrong," she replied to him finally through ragged breath. She leaned over him, glaring at the shocked Yoongi underneath her who dared not move, "the players may still be the same. But the game has changed."

Yoongi's eyes darkened.

"A challenge, huh?" He tipped his chin up, welcoming the adrenaline running through his veins at this new Soo-ji before him.

"I don't suppose you remember your first ever words to me?" Soo-ji asked, prompting Yoongi to only raise an eyebrow at her.

She licked the blood away from her bruised lips before smirking down at him.

"'A vulnerable girl like you should learn how to protect yourself.'"

🔥🔥🔥

[A/N]

Happy 2019 to everyone! 💜 I'll be starting exams soon, so I'll be away from Wattpad quite a bit. But I will try to update as often as I can as I dunno wtf is gonna happen to Wattpad and my stories when the new Article 13 EU copyright law kicks in 😐 see you in the next chappie 😘