Chapter 8

"I'm a secret agent with the KSI."

"I'm protecting Yoongi."

"You're the only one who can stay next to Park Chanyeol. We really need you."

"Now that you're in the XV, I want you to get information about them."

Taehyung's words in the alleyway had been repeating itself in Soo-ji's head all day like a parrot.

Everything had been happening at Usain Bolt speed that she struggled to process all that went on.

Suddenly it seemed that all she ever knew about this world were wrong. Secrets and lies, deceit and manipulation. She realised, for the first time, that the people around her were all wearing a mask and no one can be fully trusted. What's worse is that she had a feeling that she was about to delve deeper to uncover their masks and it would be too late to climb back out.

As she walked around Chanyeol's club in a daze with a dirty cloth in her hand, her daydream was snapped back to reality when her forehead slammed into someone's rock hard chest.

"Oofft." She stumbled backwards a few steps when she felt a pair of hands grabbing onto her shoulders.

She looked up to see none other than the devil himself. Huffing out a sigh, she walked around Chanyeol, who only raised his eyebrows in confusion.

"What's wrong with you? You gone mute today?"

"Not in the mood, asshole. Don't provoke me."

"Watch it, lippy." Chanyeol said, wrenching her arm back. "We've got important people round here tonight so I don't want your diarrhoea mouth running everywhere."

"Send me home then, I can't guarantee what shit comes out of my mouth when your 'important people' arrives." Soo-ji mocked him with a snicker, her fingers curled in the air mimicking quotation marks.

She then felt the grip of his hand on her arm growing tighter. His stone hard eyes piercing into hers, making it clear that she was dangerously treading on egg shells.

"You're getting brave, Choi Soo-ji." He snarled into her face. "Taehee! Get over here!"

Soo-ji held his murderous gaze with a confident facade. Inside, however, she was shaking.

Taehee stumbled over to the both of them eventually and pulled his iron like grip off Soo-ji's arm.

"You're gonna bruise her, oppa." Taehee tutted at him, rubbing Soo-ji's arm softly.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes at them before saying, "get her dressed for tonight. And don't let her out of your sight."

Without even letting them reply, Chanyeol spun around on his heels and stomped off.

"Come on," Taehee muttered before dragging her to the exclusive VIP area upstairs.

As big as the club may be, there were parts of the club that Soo-ji has yet to explore. Upstairs being one of them, for it was always guarded and closed off.

The VIP room was so large that it could have its own club up there. Lined against the walls were leather couches and oak wood tables. But what intrigued Soo-ji the most was the bulletproof window that went all around the room, allowing you to look down below onto the dance floor.