Chapter 15

The door of the electrics room swung open and Yoongi finally came into everyone's view.

Only that in front of him stood a petrified Soo-ji, who was shuffling forward into the middle of the club with a gun pointed to the back of her head.

The stench of fresh blood seeped up to her nostrils. And she almost vomited on the spot had it not been the lights still out as she tiptoed round the massacre and dead bodies at her feet.

The room quietened down as everyone formed a huge circle around them and Chanyeol stepped forward.

"Ahh there you are!" He exclaimed loudly as if welcoming Yoongi late to the party.

But his face fell when he realised that the gun in his Yoongi's hand wasn't directed at him.

"What the fuck..." Chanyeol whispered under his breath. He looked to Soo-ji, who was facing him with a taut and fearful expression, and he could clearly read that something had gone wrong.

"Yup. Here I am!" Yoongi answered with just as much enthusiasm as soon as he saw the smile on Chanyeol's face turn into a frown. It was just as he predicted. "And look who have I got here! Dearest Soo-ji needs saving, cHaNYeOl oPPa!" Yoongi almost snorted at his own his joke as he mimicked in a high pitched girl voice.

Meanwhile, everyone watched in a stunned silence.

Chanyeol's jaw hung open as he tried to wrap his head around the scene in front of him. Yoongi was meant to come save her, but now he wants to kill her?

"Soo-ji and I had a rather intense discussion involving you." Yoongi said to Chanyeol, "and now she has a few questions to ask you herself." He then nudged the back of her head with the tip of his gun to continue.

Swallowing hard to get out whatever voice she had left, she fixed her eyes onto Chanyeol's, pleading with her eyes that he would just answer whatever she was going to ask. Because her life at this moment depended on him.

"Park Chanyeol..." Soo-ji called out in a shaky voice to him, "answer my questions truthfully, okay? Please."

Chanyeol stared at her with a serious face. He understood, by the way she emphasised 'please' and by the way she was literally begging him with wide eyes that this wasn't the time to mess about.

"F-first question. When Yoongi came to save me before, we were just putting up an act. We weren't - aren't - together and we certainly didn't sleep together. Correct?"

Chanyeol ground his teeth together as his attention now rounded on Yoongi. He understood finally, by how scared Soo-ji looked and her question, that Yoongi believed Soo-ji switched loyalties.

He thought he would be happy with this outcome. This was what he wanted, this was what he planned. But why now, when watching a gun pointed to her head and her trembling meek figure in front of him, did it piss him off instead?

"Correct." He said through gritted teeth, his anger rising the longer he stared at Yoongi.

Soo-ji released the breath she was holding the entire time. Her tight muscles loosened as soon as Chanyeol said the word to co-operate with her. For the first time ever, she actually wanted to hug him for not being his usual dick self.

"Second question. You're holding my parents hostage to hold me hostage. Correct?"

"Correct."

In a braver and confident voice, she then asked, "third question. The only time we kissed was when Yoongi came to save me. You didn't kiss me two days ago in the car. Correct?"

Chanyeol stood still as a log. The room fell into a deafening silence as everyone waited for his answer.

Racking through his brain to get out of this, he caught the little smirk behind Soo-ji's head on Yoongi's face. And he realised. He realised that Yoongi knew the answer to that question already. This was a trap.

His fingers rolled into tight fists as the anger finally reached its boiling point.

"Soo-ji asked you a simple question, Park." Yoongi prodded in a loud voice, "did you or did you not kiss her two days ago in the car?"

At the back of Soo-ji's mind, Yoongi's voice echoed in her head. "You want me to believe you, yeah? Prove it to me."

I'll fucking prove it to you, Yoongi.

"I did." Chanyeol finally answered and Soo-ji's whitewashed face paled into a shock.

Yoongi, satisfied with his answer, barked into a loud boisterous laugh. "This is hilarious!" He said through tears of laughter, "I've just exposed a lying slut!"

And just when Chanyeol took an aggressive stride forwards, Kai suddenly jumped to his sides, pulling him close to whisper something in his ear quickly.

"Don't act irrationally. Have you forgotten? We need to keep Choi Soo-ji alive for Jean Pierre. That girl is worth an arm and a leg so don't trigger Min Yoongi off to blow her brains out!"

Chanyeol bit down on his tongue to hold himself back from spewing expletives vocabularies at Kai.

He hated seeing Soo-ji's life in someone else's hands, he hated Kai constantly reminding him what a cunt he was by selling her out, and he hated himself for feeling like that towards her. His heart was torn in two. And he wished so badly that he wouldn't care if Yoongi pulled the trigger at that moment or how her desperate frightened eyes have zero effect on him as long he got from money from Jean Pierre.

But he did care.

"She's mine." He declared suddenly to the whole room, raising the gun in his hand and pointing it directly to Yoongi's face. In a split second, both gangs lifted their weapons, ready to strike each other with a helpless Soo-ji standing in the middle of a turbulent war.

The two leaders both stared at each other with equal hate. Their seething faces both mirroring each other.

Silence followed next. Both gangs waiting for the other to fire first before all hell breaks loose.

But the two leaders were both reluctant. Because they knew who stood in the middle and who would be the first to die if a gunshot was fired.

If I fight, I would lose her. Chanyeol thought.

If I fight back, then I would lose everything. Yoongi thought next.

One of them have to back down.

"She's yours, you say?" Yoongi asked, nodding slowly. "Take her, then. She was a mistake to begin with."

Soo-ji drew in a sharp breath as she felt a sharp pain in her chest.

"If you want to recycle trash like her, then feel free." Yoongi jibed further, "I've gotten all the answers I need today."

Yoongi clamped his jaw hard together and grudgingly dropped his gun to his side. His stormy angered face now replaced with a somber, defeated look. Without debating twice in case he regretted it, he then harshly pushed Soo-ji forward towards Chanyeol, who caught her just in time as her wobbly feet stumbled into his arms.

"I won't kill her today." Yoongi said through a thick voice, "waste of a fucking bullet, she is."

His own lie might as well have killed him. Truth was, as furious and hurt he felt, he couldn't bear killing Soo-ji. And so, he decided to push her away completely. Into the arms of Park Chanyeol.