Chapter 6: Viridian Forest

*Third Person POV*

Y/n and Leaf set off into Viridian Forest, stepping into the shade of the trees. Togepi sat in Y/n's backpack, enjoying a slight nap as they walked into the shade.  Bulbasaur walked alongside the duo, enjoying the new change of scenery they had gotten.

They continued walking along, laughing and chatting together without a care in the world.

The forest seemed alive  with activity, with bug and flying type Pokemon leaping from branch to branch and scurrying across the forest floor.

Eventually, when the sun was high in the sky yet still hidden by the trees, they stopped in order to eat lunch. Pulling some of the food they had bought out of their bags, they began to eat lunch, their pokemon sitting nearby.

As Y/n took a bite out of his sandwich, he noticed something in the corner of his eye. Looking down, he saw that Togepi was standing there, staring at his sandwich.

"...Fine."

Togepi immediately jumped into Y/n's lap, as Y/n tore his sandwich in half. He handed half of it down to his little egg shaped friend, and began to chow down on the other half. As they shared their sandwich, Leaf began to laugh.

"What's so funny?"

"Toge?"

"You know, I think you two will be good partners in the future."

"Why's that?"

"Just...just a feeling." Leaf giggled.

"Speaking of partners," Y/n changed the subject, "Where's Bulbasaur?"

"Huh?" Leaf said, looking to her left, "He's right over... here... Where'd he go?"

"BULBASAURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!"

As if on cue, Bulbasaur came charging through the trees, followed by a swarm of angry Beedrill.

"BEDRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLL!"

"BULBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

"RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!"

Y/n and Leaf jumped up to a running position, grabbing their bags and sprinting away. Y/n grabbed Togepi by the shell and lifted him into his arms, dropping the sandwich that they were eating.

"TOGEPI!"

"I'll get you another! Right now we have to run!"

The two ran until they came to a clearing, surrounded by trees. They were completely surrounded by trees, as the Beedrills began to get closer and closer.

"Well Leaf," Y/n said, "It's been a fun two days. I want you to know I think you're one of the prettiest girls I've ever met."

"It's been fun- wait what?"

"BEEDRILLLL!"

Y/n and Leaf screamed in unison, as the bug/poison types began to close in on the pair. Feeling their end coming, the two hugged each other tightly, closing their eyes.

"Get 'em, Kabuto! Rock Tomb!"

*Y/n POV*

I heard some grunting and Pokemon cries, as well as shuffling in the grass. I slowly opened my eyes, seeing someone standing with his back to us as he chased off the Beedrills. As he turned back around, I got a chance to see his features better.

He had messy brown hair and brown eyes, and wore a large cargo vest with many pockets. He wore cargo shorts and dirty boots, all of which were covered with dirt. His belt was covered completely by pokeballs.

"W-who are you?"

"Oh, my name is Grady."