VP - Chapter 11

flashback

Phil's eyes opened suddenly as he heard metal hit metal. He slightly sat up to see the cause and saw that a man was being shoved into the room with him. The man's hands were tied behind his back with handcuffs and it was clear he had been drained of his blood. His skin was very pale, his lips were slightly white, and a cold sweat had formed on his entire body. He was very limp and two men were dragging him into the room, one man grasping each of his arms.

They threw him on the ground and an airy groan escaped his lips. The two men that had dragged him into the room leaned down and placed a shackle on his ankle. The two men unlocked the handcuffs and stood up straight. They both looked down at Phil and he scooted back in fear. The shackled around his ankle made noises as it scraped across the concrete floor.

One of the men spit on Phil before they walked out of the room, leaving Phil in complete darkness, the only light being the crack underneath the door. His eyes quickly adjusted to the dark and within a few seconds, he could see clearly. The man laying a few feet away from him was wearing a plain, dirty shirt, pants, and dog tags, the same clothes identical to Phil's. This let Phil know that this man wasn't a human, but a vampire.

Despite knowing this Phil's mouth watered as he heard the faint noise of the other man's blood rushing through his veins. Phil couldn't remember the last time they had given him blood and his true vampire side was beginning to take over. Phil crawled towards the man that hadn't moved a muscle since he arrived and reached out to grab him. He felt as the shackle around his ankle slightly tug as the chain tightened completely. Phil reached out his hand and tried to grab the man's leg, his hand only a few inches away from the man.

Phil sat up and looked around for anything to give him a couple of inches so he could reach the man, but there was nothing in the room except for him and the other man. He tried again to reach the man but again found himself short a few inches.

His eyes closed as a sharp pain shot throughout his chest. He felt his body gain a new strength as his vampire side took over. He felt as his fangs extended and his thirst for blood increase majorly. He turned around and grabbed the chain that was connected to the shackle. He gave it a slight tug and felt as it slightly gave way. Before he could give it one more pull the door burst open, he had made too much noise. He stood up as he flashed his fangs. One man with a musket fired at him. Phil quickly moved out of the way, despite only having a couple of feet to move he managed to avoid the bullet. He grabbed the man that had fired at him before any of the men could react.

He sunk his fangs into the man's neck as he used the man as a shield so the other men wouldn't shoot at him. The man struggled in his grasp as his screams in agony echoed throughout the room. The man's screams died down as Phil continued to drink his blood. The other men in the room quickly realized that they had to hurt the man that Phil had, otherwise he would definitely die. One man took the bayonet of his musket and shoved it through the man's shoulder and into Phil's throat.

Phil coughed up blood as he dropped the man on the ground. He grabbed his throat as more blood continued to come out of his mouth and the hole in his throat. He felt as his throat started to heal. Before it could heal fully two men grabbed him, one holding each arm. He screamed in pain as he felt a bayonet being pushed slightly into his chest, he froze, not wanting the bayonet to go into his heart.

He watched as men walked into the room and placed huge metal buckets underneath his stomach and wrists. He knew what was about to happen, but couldn't move in fear of the bayonet being shoved into his heart or the man shooting his gun, a bullet Phil couldn't avoid. His breathing became slightly heavy. He knew that after he had gained all of that strength that they would have to take away the one thing that made him strong, blood. He also knew that they were doing this so he couldn't manipulate any of the men there, he had tried that a couple of times and each time he had failed. He waited for the pain to begin.

Not long after he felt as they cut the veins in his wrists and slashed his stomach with bayonets that they had taken off their guns. He screamed in pain and tears appeared in his eyes, but none fell. He felt all the strength he had just gained being drained from him as more blood collected in the buckets.

When the men felt they had taken enough from him they let go of him. Phil limply dropped to the ground as everything around him started to spin. He felt a sharp pain shoot into his lower back and knew immediately it was a baton. He felt as more blows landed on him, but he was too weak to move, he was too weak to even scream. With each hit, he felt his wrists and stomach almost vibrate because of the force that they received. As he laid there he looked at the man he had attacked. The man was laying on his back as one hand grasped his shoulder tightly and the other laid limply at his side. He was very pale and a cold sweat had formed on his body. His breathing was very rapid and yet slow. Phil knew the man wouldn't survive, the medical world had nothing to help aid his pain, stop the bleeding, or even get rid of his fever.

When the blows finally stopped he watched as the men picked up the barely alive man on the ground and carry him out of the room. By this time his vision had almost completely gone and he heard the sound of shoes against the concrete get fainter and fainter until he heard the door slam behind the men. He laid there, breathing heavily as his world continued to spin.

"Hey?" He heard a voice echo in his head. "Hey?" the voice said again. Phil looked up and saw that the other vampire they had dragged in there was awake. He had a very concerned look on his face as he looked around and at Phil. Phil's world spun even more before his world went black, the one place he wasn't suffering.

end flashback

Henry retracted his hand from the side of Phil's head. Phil stepped back a couple of feet as he slightly stumbled, dizzy. Dylan helped Phil catch his balance. Henry's world began to spin and before he knew it he was laying on the ground. His breathing increased as his head started to pound in pain. He felt a small stream of blood come out of his nose and roll down his face.

Dylan leaned down to Henry and looked at him.

"Looks like someone didn't know that if someone with a power relating to the brain uses his power on someone else with a brain power that they both get affected," Dylan said. He stood up straight again and helped Phil, who was also bleeding from his nose, get out of the room. Henry glanced up and saw Lilly looking at him slightly concerned.

"Henry?!" Her voice echoed in his head before his world went black.

Thank you as always for reading. Hoped you liked it.

Follow me on Insta (I'll follow back) molly_grace_s

Don't forget to comment, follow, and vote

Thank you as always for reading. Hoped you liked it.

Don't forget to comment, follow, and vote.

I'm now getting paid on an app called Inkitt. For every read, I get 30 cents. It's completely free for u guys, and it would mean a lot to me if u would go check it out! Also, I publish there first for this book. (Link in bio)

VP IS NOW PUBLISHED SO GO BUY AND REVIEW IT ON AMAZON!!!!

Follow me on IG: molly_grace_s (link in profile)

Twitter: molly_grace_s (link in profile)

FB: Molly Stegall (link in profile)

Inkitt: link in profile