VS - Chapter 9

Rose's hand naturally outstretched as she felt around Henry's side of the bed for him. She felt the soft fabric of the pillow and the cool sheets that were where he would sleep. Her eyes opened, and she looked where Henry should've been. He wasn't there. Rose turned her head in the opposite direction and saw that it was daytime, he should've been back by now.

Rose sat up in bed and looked around. The bathroom light was off. She swung her blankets and covers off of her and jumped down from the bed. She hugged his hoodie that she had on. She opened the door and looked down to the main floor to see Joey, Lilly, Harper, and -somewhat- Erik playing with the kids. It looked like it was boys vs. girls involving swords and the boys were easily winning, except for Violet who was beating up Kaden.

Rose walked down the stairs as her eyes scanned the house for Henry. She walked up to Lilly, who Joey had pinned to the ground and had a plastic sword on her throat. Lilly looked at Joey and not soon after another Lilly was standing next to them. The other Lilly moved to kick Joey, and he swung his sword at her, but as soon as the sword should've connected with her, it went through her entire side.

Joey sighed as he mentally slapped himself for always falling for her trick. The second Lilly disappeared the first Lilly shoved Joey off of her and stood up. Rose walked in between them and looked at Lilly.

"Hey, do you know where Henry is?" Rose asked. Lilly's eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

"No, I thought he was with you."

"He went to Phil's house last night, and I haven't seen him since."

"That's weird."

"No, that's concerning. I'm going to go to Phil's house and see if I can find him." Lilly nodded somewhat nervously, and Rose teleported there.

She teleported into the main room and looked around. A few beer bottles were laying on the tables and furniture. However, the smell of rotting flesh was gone. Rose took a step forward but stopped when she heard a voice.

"What are you doing here?" It was Phil's voice. Rose turned to the side and saw Phil standing in the doorway. His face was somewhat flushed, and the white part of his eyes seemed almost bloodshot. He carried himself more differently too, he no longer carried himself with a sense of dominance.

"I'm looking for Henry," Rose said, hiding the fact that she was terrified. Phil looked down as he sighed heavily. He ran his fingers through his hair.

"Just go be with your family, before you can't. So you can do what I couldn't do with Rider and say goodbye," he said in a very calm yet sad voice. Rose's heart accelerated as she processed these words, her thoughts immediately went to her sister and kids. She quickly teleported back to the house.

Phil sighed as he slid down on the floor, his back sliding down the wall. His hand reached up and grabbed a set of dog tags from underneath his shirt and felt as his grip tightened around them. He sighed again before he closed his eyes.

Rose arrived at the house and looked around worriedly. Everything was as she left it. Lilly noticed and stopped 'fighting' with Joey and ran over to her.

"What's wrong?" Lilly asked.

"Phil, he said-" she was cut off as Harper dropped down to the ground, her body completely limp. Everyone ran over to her, and Rose noticed something jutting out of her chest. Before she could get a better look at it, Violet dropped to the ground as well. Kaden quickly ran to her but stopped short as he fell as well. Rose noticed the same shaped things coming out of their chests as well.

As soon as Rose, and everyone else, realized what was happening Lilly dropped to the ground as well. Rose knew she needed to save who she could and quickly because just in seconds more than half of them had been taken out. She grabbed Joey's hand and ran over to Erik as soon as they reached him Joey dropped to the ground, his hand still tightly clasped onto Rose's.

Rose felt a sharp pain shoot through her arm as she grabbed Erik. She teleported as black spots started to cloud her vision. She teleported to Henry's cabin as her legs gave way. She fell on the floor as she let go of Erik's and Joey's hands. She managed to roll over on her back as her head rolled to the side. A lone tear escaped her eye as she tried to teleport back to the house to save her children, sister, and Harper, but found her body wasn't functioning right.

She looked at her arm and saw something silver going into it before she blacked out.

Erik looked at Rose and Joey as he breathed heavily and ran his fingers through his hair. He couldn't believe that his sister had been taken. He looked down at Joey and Rose.

Leaches, he thought. I should just go ahead and kill them know. As soon as those thoughts entered his head, he quickly dismissed them. They saved us, and Rose saved me back there. They're different from other vampires, but why I don't know.

Erik dragged Rose across the floor and managed to lift her on the couch, though she didn't weigh much. He dragged Joey across the floor and barely managed to lift him onto the couch. He pulled a chair across the room and sat down in it as he looked at Rose and Joey's lifeless bodies.

He sighed as he stood up and began to pace. He started to think of anywhere his sister could be, but knew he would have to wait for Rose to wake up to even get a clue of what had happened and why.

***

Henry's eyes slowly opened. Everything was blurry, and his head was pounding. It felt like his brain was trying to break open his skull. His entire body was numb and sore. He moved his finger and felt as pins and needles shot throughout his whole body. He winced in pain and shut his eyes tightly as the lights, though dim, where too much for him.

His senses slowly started to come back to him, and he could feel that he was on a soft bed. His thoughts drifted to Rose and the rest of his family. All the pain left him as soon as those thoughts entered his head. He sat straight up and immediately fell off his bed and onto the ground with a huge thud. He groaned in pain.

"Don't hurt yourself now." Henry heard a voice say behind him. He slowly sat up and turned around to see a man sitting in a chair with one leg crossed over the other and his phone in one hand. Though Henry's head was pounding and everything around him was blurry he forced himself to focus on the man.

The man had dirty blonde hair that was styled in a medium cut quiff. His eyes were a slightly darker red than Henry's, but not as dark as Phil's or Rider's. He had a sharp jawline that made him look like a businessman. He was wearing a light grey short sleeve shirt and dark blue jeans. What seemed like a gun holster sat on his hip and silver dog tags hung from his neck.

Henry knew that this man was the reason he had been separated from his family. Henry stood up and ran at him. The man just raised his hand, and Henry no longer saw a man in front of him, but another, more cruel, version of himself, however, he was wearing the same clothes the other man was wearing. His eyes were a very dark red, and it reminded Henry of himself when he would lose control. Henry backed up in fear as the other Henry sauntered towards him.

The other Henry reached down and grabbed the gun out of his holster, he aimed it at Henry and fired. Henry felt a very sharp pain shoot through his chest.

Henry fell back on the bed as his vision became blurry. The other Henry leaned over him before he dissolved. The man that had been in the chair got up and walked to Henry. He grabbed Henry's legs, that were hanging off the bed, and placed them on the bed. As soon as he did that he walked away and Henry blacked out.

Thank you as always for reading. Hoped you liked it.

Follow me on Insta (I'll follow back) molly_grace_s

Don't forget to comment, follow, and vote

Thank you as always for reading. Hoped you liked it.

Don't forget to comment, follow, and vote.

I'm now getting paid on an app called Inkitt. For every read, I get 30 cents. It's completely free for u guys, and it would mean a lot to me if u would go check it out! Also, I publish there first for this book. (Link in bio)

VP IS NOW PUBLISHED SO GO BUY AND REVIEW IT ON AMAZON!!!!

Follow me on IG: molly_grace_s (link in profile)

Twitter: molly_grace_s (link in profile)

FB: Molly Stegall (link in profile)

Inkitt: link in profile