VS - Chapter 4

Henry and Rose both looked at Phil as Harper shrunk into the chair in fear. Phil groaned as he sat up, he placed his hand on his head. He looked around the room and his eyes landed on Henry, he sighed as he sat fully up.

"Why are you here?" Phil asked as he looked up at Henry. Henry didn't say anything, Phil looked around the room again and saw Rose comforting Harper. "What are you doing with my pet?" Phil asked. Rose didn't say anything, she gave Phil a slight death stare. "Please, just get out of my house, and leave my pets."

"Sorry, but we're taking the pets," Henry said. Phil sat up as he placed one hand on his knee, he looked at Henry.

"You're not taking my pets, I know that because you fall in love with every pet that money doesn't matter, but I don't fall in love with my pets so money does matter to me. I paid good money for them... Besides if you do take my pets then you'll fall in love with it and leave that abomination over there," Phil said as he pointed to Rose.

Henry's teeth gritted together in anger at the fact that he was talking about Rose like that.

"Now if you would be so kind as to step away from my pet and leave, I'll be happy," Phil said to Rose. She looked up at him. "I own them, now please leave," Phil said getting increasingly angrier. He had a hangover and was getting very irritated with each passing moment. "You're still a pet in my mind," he said as he looked at Rose. Though her facial expression didn't change she seemed to shrink along with Harper.

In a second Phil was in front of Rose, his hand raised. Rose had images flash through her head of Rider beating her. She was so scared that she forgot she could teleport, she forgot she was a vampire. Before Phil could even move his hand Henry was in between them. He grabbed Phil's hand and held it in a death grip.

"If you ever raise your hand to my wife again you'll regret it," Henry said as his grip tightened around Phil's wrist. Henry pressed his wrist down, along with Phil, as he towered over him. He shoved Phil back onto the couch. Phil looked up at Henry, shock and anger filled his face at the fact that his son was treating him like this.

"You know what I do regret, trying to let the past go, trying to forget that you killed my son!" Phil shouted.

"You only liked him because he did what you wanted him to do."

"He listened to me, he respected me, he was my son, and guess what, he's dead because of you!" Henry felt hurt that Phil was telling him that he wasn't Phil's son.

"Yeah, he listened to you, by beating pets within an inch of their lives and enjoying it!"

"That's what pets are there for, for the master to do anything they want!"

"What do you have against humans? Why do you hate them so much?!"

"They're pathetic-"

"Why do you think like that?!"

"Because they've hurt me!" Phil shouted. Rose and Henry looked up at him as a shocked expression rested on their faces. "They cut me open again and again, time after time, day after day, year after year!" Phil said as his teeth gritted together and his eyes got a watery glow to them.

"What are you talking about?" Henry asked.

"I'm talking about before vampires took over..!" he paused shortly as he took a deep breath. "There were only a few vampires that weren't in hiding, I was one of them, I was one of the unlucky ones. I was captured and tortured for years. They tried to figure out what I was, how I healed, how long I could cope without food, water, blood, and everything else that I needed to live! Day after day they cut me open, day after day they tied me up and threw me in a cage, day after day they treated me like an animal, day after day they drained me of my blood to make me weaker! They did this to me for so long another generation of people had to take over the experiments! When the vampires finally revolted and I was freed it was an entirely new generation, new technology, new buildings, new everything. When I first got captured everyone walked everywhere, when I got let out there were planes and cars everywhere!"