VS - Chapter 10

Rose's eyes slowly opened as a blurry haze crowded her vision. A high ringing echoed throughout her ears, and she could faintly hear echoes of what sounded like voices around her. She moved her hand slightly and felt as pins and needles shot through her entire body. She closed her eyes as the lights became too much for her. She felt something grab both of her shoulders and gently shake her. She opened her eyes again and saw that it was Erik.

Once he saw that she was awake, he slowly helped her sit up. Once she was entirely sat up, she placed her head in one of her hands as she got a headache. She glanced to the side and saw Joey doing the same thing she was doing.

A few seconds went by, and the voices that she heard from Erik became more clear, and the ringing stopped. Her body soon became un-numb, and the pins and needles ceased.

"What... happened?" Rose asked in almost a whisper. Erik crouched down to her level and gave her a sympathetic look.

"They took everyone but us," he said. "You finally woke up once I pulled this out of you," he said as he held up something silver. Rose slowly reached up and grabbed it with her shaking hand. She had convinced herself that what had happened was a dream but what she held in her hand confirmed that it wasn't.

What she held in her hand looked like a silver bullet, but with a small needle at the tip of it. She slowly turned the bullet around in her hand and saw a clear streak to where you could see into the bullet. She could faintly see a drop of an offset yellow against the glass.

"Tranquilizer," Rose mumbled to herself. As the word excited her mouth images of Lilly, Harper, and her kids falling to the ground as the tranquilizer stuck out of their chests flashed into her mind. Without saying or doing anything else, she teleported back to the house.

As soon as she was there, she looked around for any sign of life. The house was empty. There was no noise. No mess. Nothing to indicate that people had broken into their home and taken the majority of them. Rose ran around the house looking for any mistake that the people could have made involving leaving behind any clues. She couldn't even find the point where they had broken in.

Rose walked up to her kid's rooms and cupped her hand over her mouth as she took in the empty rooms. It was quiet, and she hated it. She missed the noise of Violet yelling at Kaden for doing something wrong and Kaden always screaming like a girl in fear. She missed the sound of plastic hitting plastic as Kaden would sword fight with anyone. She missed hearing Violet talking to her stuffed animals. She missed everything that she thought slightly annoyed her.

She walked into Lilly's and Joey's room and picked up all the photos Lilly had taken with her polarized camera. She remembered Lilly following Henry and her around to take pictures for Lisa's scrapbooks. She started to sob uncontrollably as she recalled being separated from Lilly when they were younger. The only difference this time was that Lilly was the one being taken, not Rose. Images flashed into her head of being dragged away from her family and not long after horrific things happening to her, she only prayed that those things weren't happening to Lilly.

She managed to compose herself enough to be able to walk into her room. She walked over to Henry's side of the bed and dropped down to her knees as she clutched the sheets tightly in her hand. She and Henry had already been through so much. She had already been taken away from Henry, and he had been taken away from her. Images of what each of them had been through flashed in her head and she cried even harder not knowing what everyone she loved was going through.

After a couple more minutes she finally teleported back to the cabin. Once there she just stood in front of the couch as uncontrollable sobs and hiccups exited her mouth. Joey stood up from the couch and hugged her very tightly, pressing her head into his chest. He felt as she shook her head.