VS - Chapter 7

The ride to Lisa's house seemed to fly by. When they finally arrived both of them hopped out of the car without a word spoken between them, let alone a glance. As they walked to the front door, Rose felt a slight familiarity with the place. A familiar smell filled her nose and seemed to infiltrate her brain. It wasn't the scent of Henry, Lisa, or Jake. It smelt somewhat like herself and Lilly, but her thoughts quickly evaded her as Henry opened the door.

The house was eerily quiet. Henry looked around for any sign of life. He had called Lisa the day before, so she knew they were coming over.

"Mom! Jake!" Henry yelled. A few seconds later Jake emerged from the living room. "Hey, Jake," Henry said as they hugged. Jake was more of a father than Phil was to him.

"Hey, Henry," Jake said as they pulled away from each other. He hugged Rose. "What are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to my mom. Do you know where she is?"

"She's currently not here. She's visiting Rider," Jake said in a hushed tone. Henry nodded as he started to chew on the inside of his lip. The thought that he was the reason Lisa had only one son and had to visit the other at a graveyard.

"Do you mind if we stay here until she gets back?"

"Of course." Henry and Rose followed Jake into the living room. Jake went back to watching TV as Henry and Rose started to relax on another couch. Rose started to watch TV. Henry looked at the TV, but he couldn't focus on it. He closed his eyes and started to get some much-needed rest.

Lisa walked up to Rider's grave as a bouquet swung near her hip. She finally reached his grave. The last batch of flowers that she had set on his grave had died long ago. She fell on her knees as she placed the flowers on his grave before placing her hand on his name. She laid her head on his grave as a lone tear escaped her eye. She started to breathe heavily as she remembered the day Henry had called her and told her the news that her oldest son was dead.

She was brought out of her thoughts as she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She reluctantly pulled out her phone and read the text message.

Jake <3: Sry to bother u but Henry and Rose r here

Lisa: K coming soon

Jake <3: K luv u <3

Lisa placed her phone back into her pocket before she placed her head back on his grave.

Not soon after she grabbed the dead flowers and started to walk to her car. It seemed with every step that she took a wilted flower petal fell on the ground behind her.

"Henry." Henry heard a faint voice say. "Herny." The same voice said a bit louder. Henry's eyes slowly opened and he looked around. He had accidentally started to rest. This didn't surprise him because the previous nights he had had nightmares about Rider.

Henry looked up and saw that the voice was Rose's.

"What?" Henry asked still a bit confused.

"Your mom is here." Herny sat up and saw that Lisa was standing in the doorframe of the living room with Jake embracing her in a hug. Lisa looked up once they were done hugging.

"Hey, mom. Can... can I talk to you?" Henry asked. Lisa nodded her head as she sat down on one of the couches. Jake walked out of the room to give them some privacy. Rose stood up from the couch and started to leave, but Henry grabbed her hand and pulled her onto the couch.

She leaned against his chest as Henry wrapped his arm around her waist.

"What did you want to ask me?" Lisa asked. Herny took a deep, subtle breath.

"I want to talk about Phil." Lisa motioned her arms as if to say continue. "Phil said that he was tortured by humans before vampires took over... Is this true?" Lisa nodded her head as she bit the side of her mouth.

"Yes, he was. I actually found him while he was healing... He was so hurt, and my presence seemed to calm him."

"Is that why you stayed with him for so long?"

"Yes," Lisa said as she nodded her head.

"Phil is now drinking."

"I feared this would happen because I wasn't there. Is the main area where he does it in the living room?"

"Yes, how did you know?"

"That was my favorite room."

"He's also been buying more humans and killing them." Lisa sighed heavily.

"At this point, I fear there's nothing we can do now. Even if I were to go and talk to him, I don't think that will help because he knows that I'm with Jake."

"So what do we do, just let him continue doing these horrendous things?"

"I hate to say yes, but I can't think of anything else to do." Henry nodded his head as he and Rose stood up. They all hugged before Henry and Rose left. As they were leaving Rose felt the familiar smell entered her nose again. She turned around and looked back at the forest. Even the forest itself looked familiar.

She turned back around as she heard Henry start the car. She hopped in the car. Henry laid his hand on hers as he started to drive.

"Henry," Rose said.

"Yes?"

"Can we call Britney and get our kids back?" A smile illuminated his face at the thought of spending time with his kids again. Though the kids had only been gone for a few days, it was more than Henry liked.

Henry pulled out his phone and texted Britney. He looked over at Rose and saw that Rose's eyes were closed. He could tell that all the things that had happened the last couple of days had not only taken a toll on him but Rose as well.

He felt bad that he hadn't noticed that the events were taking a toll on Rose. He gave her hand a slight squeeze. He knew that the kids would lighten both of their moods.

Thank you as always for reading. Hoped you liked it.

Don't forget to comment, follow, and vote.

I'm now getting paid on an app called Inkitt. For every read, I get 30 cents. It's completely free for u guys, and it would mean a lot to me if u would go check it out! Also, I publish there first for this book. (Link in bio)

VP IS NOW PUBLISHED SO GO BUY AND REVIEW IT ON AMAZON!!!!

Follow me on IG: molly_grace_s (link in profile)

Twitter: molly_grace_s (link in profile)

FB: Molly Stegall (link in profile)

Inkitt: link in profile