Chapter 11 (REWRITE)

First off I want to say thank you guys for 1k views, enjoy.

Henry was still sitting against the nightstand. His head was leaning against the wood, his eyes closed; however he wasn't resting. He was too anxious to rest.

Rose stirred a little before opening her eyes and looking around. She looked down and saw Henry. Henry opened his eyes and looked up.

"Hey." His voice low, sounding tired.

"H-hi," she responded in the same tone. She stretched and froze mid-stretch.

"What's wrong?"

"I can m-move already," she said while moving her arms to the side excitedly.

To that, the only response Henry had was a huge smile. Slowly, he stood and looked down at her.

"Hungry?" Henry asked. He couldn't imagine how she felt. She had just started to actually eat since moving in with him and now hadn't eaten in days.

Rose hesitated for a few seconds before she remembered that her opinion mattered, at least she hoped it still did. Finally, she nodded.

"Do you want to eat in bed or in the kitchen?"

"Kitchen . . . please."

"Is it ok if I pick you up or do you want me to help you walk?"

"Help me." She needed so badly to stretch.

Nodding, he moved the covers off of her. Carefully, she swung her legs over the side. Her feet touched the floor as she weakly stood up. Her legs wobbled and Henry took that as his cue to wrap his arm around her.

Henry waited for her body to un-tense before he gently moved one of her arms across his shoulders for support. As she leaned against him, they started to walk slowly toward the kitchen, taking small steps.

They reached the stairs and Henry could tell that she was too weak to go down them, even with his support.

"Is it ok if I pick you up to go down the stairs?"

She nodded her head. He wrapped his other arm under her legs, he picked her up. She tightly clung to his shirt and buried her face into his chest from exhaustion. Henry almost held her closer to him as if to apologize again for causing her to be in this state.

He carried her down until they reached the kitchen. He sat her down on the stool at the island. She unclasped her hands from his shirt. On instinct, she nearly climbed out of the stool and onto the ground but stopped when she realized Henry had put her there.

Henry began to look through the fridge and grab food for both him and Rose. Of course, there was the soup and then some eggs and the leftover pancakes.

Once their plates were made, Henry sat hers down in front of her and he placed his on the side across from her. Before even touching his food, he watched Rose to make sure she could hold the spoon and fork correctly. Once he was sure she wouldn't accidentally stab herself, he didn't begin to eat. Instead, he grabbed napkins and knelt down.

The sound of shuffling glass told Rose that he was cleaning up the glass she had dropped.

"I . . . I can clean that up."

"No," Henry responded from his spot on the ground. "I can get it," though he tried to sound nice, Rose heard a small shake in his voice that she couldn't pinpoint.

Standing up again, Henry quickly disposed of all the glass. His back was now facing her and she watched as his body deflated.

"I didn't realize," Henry murmured. Rose's eyebrows furrowed together. She laid the fork down and stared at him. "I . . . I thought I had enough blood." He turned around, a faint glint in his eyes. "I promise you that I thought. . . ." He shook his head. "That will never happen again."