VS - Chapter 5

Henry opened his eyes, he was alone in bed. He sat up as he ran his fingers through his hair, he had gotten barely any rest last night and he was feeling the side effects. He sat up slowly and rolled out of bed. He walked out of his room and saw Lilly and Joey sitting on the couch, Joey was sprawled out across the couch and Lilly was sitting there with the laptop on her lap.

"Rose went to the garden," Lilly said, not lifting her eyes up from the computer. Henry nodded as he walked past the couch, Joey looked up at him with a bored expression on his face.

Hang in there, Henry said.

I'm trying my hardest, Joey said as he laid his head back down. He placed a pillow over his face.

Henry walked into the garden and saw Rose laying on her regular rock. Her eyes were closed and she was sprawled out on the rock as the sun warmed her.

Henry came up behind, in a second he wrapped his arms under her arms and around her waist. She slightly screamed as he pulled her off the rock and held her above the floor. He placed his chin on her shoulder.

"Henry put me down," Rose whined as she swung her legs back and forth.

"Considering that you left me in bed, no. And don't try to teleport, because I'll continue to pick you up. "

"I tried to wake you up."

"Key word there is tried, you didn't do."

"Henry," Rose whined. "Put me down," she said as she tried to wiggle out of his grasp. In an instant, Henry threw her up in the air and caught her on his shoulder. Her head was on his back and her legs were over his chest. He wrapped one arm around her legs as he held her in place.

Rose grabbed on to his pants and managed to climb down and slip out of his grasp. She rolled on the ground before she could move Henry wrapped his arms around her waist and lifted her off the ground again. Henry threw her up in the air again and turned her around, he caught her lower waist.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. Rose teleported them on top of the rock, they were both sitting down as Henry's legs hung over the edge of the rock. Henry turned his head sideways and placed it under Rose's chin. She placed her head on his shoulder as she ran one hand through his hair.

She could tell that Henry was still thinking about what Phil had said, even though he hid it well.

"You ok?" Rose mumbled into his neck.

"Yeah," Henry said even though he shook his head no. Rose hugged him tighter and he hugged her tighter. Rose could tell that he didn't want to talk about it. "Where's Harper and Erik?" Henry asked, changing the subject.

"They are in the library," Rose said. "Erik still hasn't woken up."

"We should probably go check on them." Rose pulled her face out of the crook of his neck and he pulled his face away from under his chin. Rose looked at Henry. He had dark circles under his eyes and the white part of his eyes was slightly red from lack of rest and more stress. His eyes still had the watery glow to them.

"You know I'll love you no matter what, right?" Rose asked as she ran her fingers through his hair. Henry nodded his head but didn't say anything. Instead, Henry placed a kiss on Rose's lips. He pulled away and looked at her. His eyes thanked her, he kissed her forehead before Rose teleported them to the ground. Henry wrapped his arm around her as they started to walk to the library.

They walked into the library and saw Harper and Erik. Erik was laying on the couch, still knocked out. Harper was sitting on the couch as well, with Erik's head resting on her lap. She was trying to read a book to him, she stumbled over her words as she tried to pronounce them.