Chapter 004

Eunmi's POV

Two and a half weeks have passed. I can now talk and move properly.

Checking myself in front of the mirror, some wounds are still there. Most of them are pretty much healed.

Suddenly, I heard the door open startled by a deep voice accompanying it.

".....Eunmi?"

I stared at the tall guy peeking through the door, trying to find in my barely existent memories who he is.

"o-oh yes? How can I help you?"

"Can I come in?"

I blinked at the guy, examining his features. Well he doesn't look harmful, why not right?

"yeah, uhh come in..."

I sat down on my bed, cautiously watching the stranger as he sat down on the chair near my bed.

He feels familiar,

but I have no clue of who this person really is. He looks kind though, it actually feels comfortable with him even though I don't know him.

Maybe I'm just ultimately crazy that I let him in.

What should I do? He doesn't look like a bad person though.

"uhmm.. well uhh  how should I say this uhhh....."

I curiously stared at him nodding my head to give him reassurance.

He took a deep breath.

oh why am I sensing someth—

"YAH CHOI EUNMI DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS FOR ME TO FIND YOU. I'VE BEEN SEARCHING EVERYWHERE. YOU MADE ME WORRY SO MUCH NOW YOU HAVE AN AMNESIA YOU WONT EVEN REMEMBER ME WHAT SHOULD I DO—

he then took a deep breath, tears forming in his eyes.

.....i miss you.."

His words hit me so much.

Do I mean so much to him?

And he means so much to me?

I felt a striking guilt pierce through my system,

the fact that I can't remember him.

It must've been hard,

The feeling of losing someone and being forgotten.

It hurts me just by thinking of it.
Of course, it might be harder for him.

Staring at his face whom is now stained with tears that he once tried to suppress but failed, it cracks my heart seeing this stranger like that.

Even though I barely knew the guy, the way he trembled along with his cries, holding my hands tighter, it feels like a ball of flames filled with sorrow and guilt were thrown to me.

I'm sorry

Tears began to well up in my eyes.

"I-I'm sorry" I felt my tears drop.

His already red and puffy eyes looked at me as he immediately hugged me.

"No no no no, I must be the one sorry. I was not able to protect you nor was there when you needed me. I should have been there with you. I'm always late. I—"

"Shhh that's enough. It is not your fault."

I smiled lightly as I caressed his hair, "I may not be able to remember, but I'm sure of it, I can feel it. Please don't be sorry."

After a few minutes, we finally let go of each other.

"Since you can't remember anything, why don't we start again." I blinked at his words.

"I guess we're back to zero so let's introduce our selves to each other again." He added smiling at me.

He then stood up and bowed at me.

"I'm Choi Soobin, your mighty handsome best friend!"

He beamed as he posed with a v-sign, earning a loud laugh from me.

I excitedly adjusted myself, imitating his actions. "And I'm Choi Eunmi, your cutie best friend!"

We laugh in unison.

"Yah you didn't even change at all. I'm relieved, " He narrowed his eyes at me as he continued

"I thought you will become like those in dramas that will change when they have an amnesia or something like that."

"Really?" He nodded in response as we begin to laugh again.

Maybe I have forgot many things

But I think my heart will never.