Chapter 021

"Huang, where's Minhyung"

The nurse, who turned out to be one of Donghyuck's friend, immediately searched his computer, peeking back at him.

He was startled and worried.

Donghyuck looked like an absolute mess, he was breathless, his chest heaving up and down. He was gripping the counter as his clothes dripped, lightly shaking from coldness and nervousness.

"I'm sorry Hyuck, he is not here." He wistfully looked at Donghyuck.

Donghyuck's eyes widened "But the police said that he was here. Are you sure? Huang try it again, Lee Minhyung, from Seoul Detention Center. Aren't... weren't he supposed to be here by now?"

"He's in ambulance he should be here right now... where the fucking hell is he?!" Donghyuck's voice were incredibly loud, almost everyone in the area were staring at them.

"I'm sorry Hyuck but he's still not here."

Donghyuck let out a groan, hands clutching on his locks as he looked away. He was dumbfounded.

"Huang! Emergency!"

The nurse talking to Donghyuck snapped at the voice's direction, "What happened?"

The guy was occasionally checking his phone whilst beads of sweat were prominent on his skin. "The ambulance from Seoul Detention crashed, if they're not quick enough the vehicle might explode."

Donghyuck felt his world crumbling, the thought of Minhyung inside just made him too weak.

He immediately grabbed the man in his collar, eyes red from tears.

"Where?! Where did the crash happen?"

-

"Mom?"

Sora looked up from her desk, seeing Eunmi in her pajamas rubbing her eyes, hair disheveled, still sleepy.

"Have you just woken up my love?"

Eunmi nodded. "Mom have you seen Hyuck?"

"Hyuck?"

"Oh Mr. Lee Donghyuck"

"He told me he's just going somewhere, he said he will be back quick."

Eunmi nodded, opening her mouth, about to speak again when Jungkook bursted into the room. He almost bumped into her as he sprinted to Sora. He looked so alarmed.

He took a quick look at Eunmi before leaning closer to Sora, whispering something.

Sora instantly stood up, accidentally knocking the things off her desk. She had her hand on her chest, eyes wide, mouth agape.

"Bring me there."

She went to Eunmi, holding her hands and pressing a kiss on it. "I have to go my love, there's just an emergency." She tried to give out a smile but her face still shows unhappiness and horridness. No matter how much she try to hide it to her daughter, she could see it.

Her mom's broken facade.

Sora and Jungkook ran off the room. Leaving Eunmi alone.

She heard it as clear as day. Even though Eunmi was far from her mom's desk, her hearing never fails her. Her hearing had always been extraordinary and it is one thing unique about her.

"Mark was rushed to the hospital but the ambulance he was in, it crashed and it might explode."

She was so confused, she can't understand her feelings. Yes, the news scared her, but the mention of Mark's name terrified her. She felt immensely worried at the stranger that she was itching to follow her mom. But she can't, she's not allowed outside their house. The guards will only bring her back inside, as it was dangerous for her.

Eunmi bit her lips, contemplating to her self.

"Fuck it"

She hurried to follow her mom, hiding now and then, so they won't notice her. But it is still not enough, she could never go outside the house. She has to find a way.

Just then, she caught the figure of Yeonjun with a bag of flowers and gifts walking down the living room.

She grabbed him, pulling him in front of her, making him stumble. "The hell?"

"Help me, please."