Chapter 022

"I can't fucking believe that I agreed to this." Yeonjun hissed, driving meters away behind his mom's car.

"Still, thank you Yeonjun. I'm just gonna let you know that I consider you an angel."

"Cut that bullshit. We're both in great trouble if anyone finds out."

"I know, I'm sorry, I really am."

Yeonjun rolled his eyes, bringing back his attention on the road.

Once their mom's car finally stopped, he drove further away to find a good parking spot.

The undesirable scene of the accident is now fully visible to the two of them.

There were firefighters extinguishing the ambulance, police officers all over the area, the media, and everyone else scattered in the scene.

It was a total chaos. Something that seems straight out from a drama or a movie, the difference was, no one were acting.

Every emotion was real,

everything was real.

And neither was it a dream.

Eunmi gulped, both she and Yeonjun were speechless, equally shaken up to what were unfolding in front of them.

"Do you want to go there?" Yeonjun asked.

"If I say yes, would you go with me?"

Eunmi's voice was quiet, almost coming out as a whisper. Her shallow breaths being louder, finding her scalp to anxiously scratch. While Yeonjun didn't answer, staying silent as he watched the scene.

"Did that Mark die?"

"Most likely, because the ambulance exploded. I don't think anyone inside would make it out there, alive."

"If they do though, they'll be in a critical condition."

"T-that's bad..."

"Maybe we should go home, I... I just.. yeah go home." She was fiddling the hem of her shirt. Looking down to avoid the devastating sight in front.

Maybe because they knew that anything they would see, is far from ideal. It was traumatizing yet they still went there.

Yeonjun started the engine, about to drive when Eunmi tapped him. "Wait."

"Isn't that Hyuck?"

"Hyuck? Mr. Lee?"

Yeonjun peeked at the direction where Eunmi is looking at. It is indeed Donghyuck. He remembered his same outfit from earlier, when they were with each other.

"It is."

Eunmi's eyes widened, mouth agape as her body immediately leaned to the car's window. She was tensed, heart breaking at the view of Donghyuck. Her fingers grazed at the window as tears welled up in her eyes.

Donghyuck was a bit away from Yeonjun's car. He looked absolutely broken. His crying and screaming echoed while he was on his knees. His friend holding him, to restrict him from running towards the scene.

Eunmi sobbed watching him like that.

She was about to go outside but Yeonjun stopped her. "Are you crazy?"

"You can't go outside. They might see you!"

"B-But, Hyuck... he's crying." Eunmi leaned back to the window, her shaking hands touching it again.

Her sobs quieted down, her focus shifting as her hearing caught Donghyuck and his friend's conversation.

"Huang let me go! I need to go there, my brother is there!"

"Donghyuck you can't. Please, let's just go, Sora will take care of it."

The guy pulled Donghyuck inside the car, rubbing his temples, looking prominently stressed and worried. He sighed before entering the car. Proceeding to drive off the area.

She furrowed her brows, "Brother? Mark Lee is Hyuck's brother? And mom?"

"What?"

"Did you hear their conversation?"

Yeonjun shook his head, starting the engine once again as he prepared to leave. "Why? What did they say?"

Eunmi glanced at the scene again before wiping her tears off.

"Nothing, I was just wondering that either."