Chapter 027

"Hey Mister!"

The official hummed, barely glancing at Sora as he was sorting out a massive pile of paper. Full at the presence of the young heaving girl of whom he sees every single day.

"What"

"Hey, what do you mean what? Look at me, I look horrible!"

The official, whose name is Jung Jaehyun scanned the young girl. Messy hair, dirty disheveled clothes, dusts and stains all over her, and a kid.

"You seem like you came from a disaster of some sort." Jaehyun half-joked.

Sora scrunched her nose at the man, "But I did!"

"Ok whatever. Now what's your point in going here?"

Sora scoffed in disbelief before looking at the child she had been carrying since like 30 minutes ago. The boy is now sleeping peacefully with his chin rested on top of her shoulders. She stared back at Jaehyun, gesturing.

"This kid, do you know him?" Sora turned around, slightly bending her knees so that Jaehyun could take a good look at the snoring kid.

He leaned closer, examining the boy's features, "No I haven't, I had never seen him before."

Sora turned back and went to take a seat near his desk. "I found him on the area where the fire is happening, can't you check and find him on your files?"

"Did he say anything about his family or the people he had been with?"

"He said he doesn't have one."

Jaehyun mouthed an 'oh'. "Regarding to your question, I can but that will take long. I have to finish other works too."

"I suggest that you take him to your house for a meanwhile and then come back here tomorrow."

Sora tilted her head. "Take him with me? But I don't know this kid and I'm a kid too, I can't just take him home."

"Then consider this as a favor. I have no one to ask to look out for that boy and I'm also busy."

"Besides you brought him here, you can take it into the next level and bring him to your home too."

Sora gave him a look, wanting to protest, but as she glanced at the child in her hold and at Jaehyun whose under eyes were like those of a panda, she just sighed and proceeded to go home.

"Fine whatever, but for a day only!"

Sora skipped outside the building, stress expanding as she took her every step heavily. "How would papa even react to this?"

-

Sora fidgeted the edge of the telephone as she waited for her father to answer.

"Papa?"

With the sound of her father's croaky voice replacing the phone's monotonous ringing, Sora immediately lit up. Excitedly asking her wonderful father questions about his day and telling him about her's.

Choi Hiro, a single father of Choi Sora who had been working in great distance from his daughter. He travels for work leaving him no choice but to leave his child alone in their house. Even if it's hard for the both of them, he gets back at his daughter by making sure to call her everyday no matter how busy he was.

"The Hein Building was caught on fire?"

"Yes! It's so scary watching and passing by it, but I had to." She remembered how the building were slowly eaten by the fire, but that's not even the haunting part. It was the people panicking, screaming, and crying. How some of them were just frozen watching the scene. It was their faces showing pure terror in various of ways.

"Are you alright?"

"Not really papa. I would have to process my feelings but I'll get better soon."

"Such a strong girl. Now what's with this kid you're talking about again?" Sora clicked her tongue, squinting at the young stranger who is still asleep in the comforts of her houses's sofa.

"He came up to me crying and declared me to be his mom." Her father snorted on the other line making her feel attacked.

"Hey! Papa don't laugh at me!"

"It's just funny how it seems like the child adopted you as his parent. Is he cute?"

She sighed, nodding as she answered of what seemingly is a 'defeated yes'.

"I know it's kind of absurd but do what Jaehyun favored. Would it be peaceful for your conscience to leave him alone?"

"No."

"Yes, that's my point. You know that the only people you can trust in that neighborhood is yourself, your friend and Jaehyun right?"

Sora looked down, agreeing to her father. "What if Jaehyun can't find his family? There's no orphanage here and I don't think he will take him."

"Do you want to take care of him?"

"Maybe."

"Yeah but do you?"

"Kinda."

"We have more than enough resources for the child's needs and you're good at taking care of kids." Her father paused, taking in a deep inhale.

"I'm agreeing because I can't be there with you and I know that it's hard to be alone all the time."

"Who knows, maybe he'll brighten up your life. Just like when I had you." Her father added. Although she can't see him, she can feel her father's smile that were always her source of encouragement.

"Alright. I'll take him in until it's ok for him to go."

"By the way, isn't your boyfriend Mark taking care of a baby too?" Hiro questioned as he recalled always seeing the said boy carrying a baby girl since he was 11. Although he had never asked any of the teens about the kid, he was always astounded at seeing his daughter's friend with a baby. Amazed by how he was always attentive and loving to the child, let alone that he's still a young boy.

"He's not my boyfriend!"

"Whatever you say. Maybe he can help, talk to him."

"Yeah I will, it's his birthday today."

"If he's not your boyfriend then why don't you make him? I don't remember raising a weak kid."

"Excuse me—"

______________________________
I can finally update because of school break!

Also, this book had hit 5k reads aaaaaAaa whaaatt 😭😭

tyyysm guys ily 🥺💓