Chapter 014

The dinner ended and everyone had left.

It is already midnight but the girl can't seem to fall asleep. Her mind remembering the conversation she had with her mom earlier.

.

"Eunmi."

The girl halted her steps, turning around to see her mother.

"Since we are done getting your things from your old house, we will never go back here ever again. Even the places you've been before,"

She held her daughter's hands "Can you do me a favor? Let yourself just forget your past, don't look back."

"Don't try to remember it. I don't want you to be hurt again."

Sora caressed Eunmi's cheeks. "Start new with me?"

The girl nodded her head, a tear falling down her cheeks. "I understand mom. I don't even want to remember anything."

She hugged her tightly. "I'll never look back. I'll start anew with you."

.

After tossing and turning in her bed, she finally got enough and sat up.

'Maybe mom's already home'

Eunmi walked to her mom's room but no one was there. She then decided to go to her mom's office. Besides, her mom said that she is free to go there whenever she want to.

She stepped in at her mom's luxurious office. It is indeed big and gorgeous.

Her mom's black desk in the north, modern couches on the right side of the room, shelves on the left, with different kinds of decorations and paintings around the room.

Eunmi roamed around the room, fascinated with it's extravagant interior.

A crumpled piece of paper across the floor caught her attention, crouching to pick it up.

She curiously peeked at it, furrowing her brows.

"Miss Eunmi?"

The girl yelped in shock, unintentionally dropping the paper on the ground.

"What are you doing here miss?" Mrs. Jung asked as she stepped inside with the cleaning equipments and other workers behind her.

"I was j-just looking around." Her heart was thumping very fast from shock and hurriedly bowed at them and scurried to her room.

She immediately closed the door of her room, breathless. She didn't even know why she was nervous like that.

Her mind went back to what she saw in the crumpled paper. She didn't even get to read the whole thing, only a glimpse of it because the workers came and surprised her.

take good care of her for me.

                                                      - Mark Lee

Eunmi knows that she is in no place to intrude whatever that letter was, but she was beyond curious. That name,

Mark Lee.

It rings a bell in her. She almost has this knowing that she knew him, she just couldn't remember it.

She anxiously scratched her head and tapped her foot on the floor.

"Mark Lee. Mark Lee. Mark Lee. Mark—"

To say that she has been chanting the said name for almost half an hour, she was beyond frustrated.

She doesn't even know why she is being like this, tears forming and light sweats covering her body.

She sighed defeated, finally falling asleep after a few minutes of adjusting herself on her bed.

________

"Beomgyu" Soobin called from his bed, looking up at the ceiling.

Beomgyu hummed while scrolling through his phone. The three of them had been living together since high school, with Soobin and Beomgyu being roommates and Kai having his own room.

"What if her memory comes back completely?"

"I don't know," Beomgyu paused before closing his eyes.

"But we do know that her memory will come back, sooner or later. Its inevitable."

"I know" Soobin turned around, reaching for the the picture on top of his nightstand.

"But you know that Ms. Sora is doing something, don't worry too much."

"I'm just worried at how will she take it once she remembers her uncle and,"

"Let's just not think about it. Goodnight hyung" Beomgyu cut him off and closed the lamp beside his bed, drifting off to sleep.

Soobin sighed. Thousands of thoughts racing in his mind, one of them being a particular person.

He then carefully stood up and made his way to his drawer, pulling out a shining object.

He stared at the name tag in his hand with a pained expression, tightening his grip on it.

Mia Lee 

"I wish that she will never remember you and him ever again."