~*~

Summer sat cross-legged on the sofa of her posh apartment, her thick black-rimmed glasses on and thick soft blankets surrounded her, ooh, plus pillows too. She had her laptop on the coffee table in front of her, a sketchbook on her lap and a pencil in her right hand. It was a Saturday and this was how she chose to spend it; in a big baggy shirt and short shorts. 

Her eyebrows were furrowed and her hands were dirty with pencil lead. She stared at the picture she had drawn on her sketch book and examined every single detail she had applied to it, from outline to the texture. Her left hand was placed under her chin as she judged the drawing. 

It was a drawing of a boy and a girl, sitting on a bench, on a beach. Their faces couldn’t be seen; only their backs. The girl’s head was rested on the guy’s shoulder. They were admiring the sunset, which was the background of the sketch. Even in just black and white, the detail on the sketch was absolutely stunning. The shading of the shadows was realistic and the texture of the water and sand looked three dimensional. And the background of the setting sun only added to the wow factor. The sun’s rays and light were shaded in at the perfect places.

Summer didn’t know what had sparked her to draw this. It was one of those inspirations that had hit her, and her hand almost had a mind of its own when she drew. She felt the texture of the sand wasn’t real enough, and started to shade in the sand at the right darkness; at the right places. She was so immersed in her thoughts she jumped at the sound of her doorbell ringing. 

She quickly dumped the sketchbook and the pencil on the sofa and hurried to the door, nearly slipping and falling in the process. She opened the door and found herself face-to-face with Jake.

  “Hello,” He beamed with a smile before walking in her apartment but Summer placed a hand on his hard muscled chest, stopping him, trying hard not to blush in the process.

  “What are you doing here?” She asked him, puzzled. He looked at her.

  “Just visiting,” He shrugged and stared into her eyes, through her black rimmed glasses, as though peering into her soul. “What’s up with the glasses?”

  Summer glared at him, “Is it a crime to wear glasses?” She retorted. He raised his hands in surrender.

  “I am more of a contact lens person,” He admitted.

  “Whatever,” She removed her hand from his chest, allowing him to walk into her apartment, for the first time. She shut the door.

  “Nice place,” He complimented, taking in the posh neat apartment. It wasn’t as big or as expensive looking as his, but it was modernly designed and still looked nice.

  “Thanks,” She walked over to the sofa, sitting on it, “My parent’s got it for me,”

  Jake whistled, “They definitely have good taste.”

  Summer scoffed as she placed the sketchbook back on her lap and picked up her pencil, “You have no idea,” she said. Jake was currently checking out the view from the floor-to-ceiling window of her apartment.

  “Nice view from up here,” Jake muttered.

  “Yeah,” Summer smiled, “It’s especially nice at night,”

  “It is, huh?” Jake muttered to himself.

  “So,” Summer cleared her throat and glanced at him as she continued perfecting the texture of the sand, “what are you actually here for?”

  Jake glanced left and right, his eyes lingering at the door, “I am hiding from them.”

  “Who are them?” Summer asked, giving him a questioning look.

  “Zach, Cam, Ana and Dani,” Jake ran a hand through his hair with an uneasy look.

  “And why exactly are you running from them?” Summer asked further, raising her eyebrows at him.

  “Well um,” He gulped as he bit his lip, “I told them that I had something to blackmail them with.”

  “You mean the picture of them sleeping?” A grin appeared on Summer’s face.

  Jake nodded with a slight smile, “And they won’t stop abusing me until they find out what is it.”

  “You and your big mouth,” Summer accused and stuck her tongue out at him.

  “Hey!” He playfully glared at her, “You have it, right?”

  “Of course,” Summer smirked.

  “So…canIspendthenighthere?” Jake quickly said. 

  “What?” Summer scrunched her eyebrows at him. But she knew what he had said.

  “Can I spend the night here?” He asked again, avoiding eye contact with her.

  “The Jake Dawson can’t even ask a girl whether he can stay over at her place,” Summer burst out laughing. He was shocked at her outburst. 

  “What- Hey!” Jake glared her. 

  “So much for your pride,” Summer rolled her eyes at him. He pursed his lips.

  “So, can I?” He asked, a hopeful glint in his eye.

  “What if I say no?” Summer asked with a playful evil smirk on her face.

  “Then…” Jake ran a hand through his hair. He hasn’t given it much thought. “I guess I’ll spend the night in my car then,”

  Summer laughed melodiously, like music to Jake’s ears, “You can have the guestroom,” 

  “Oh yes, thank you Summer!” He ran over, plopped down next to her and side-hugged her. She couldn’t help but blush at their closeness.

  “I could sell you out you know,” She said slowly, “I could tell them you’re here.”

  Jake looked her in the eye, “You could,” He started slowly, “but you wouldn’t,”

  “You trust me that much?” An amused smile formed on Summer’s lips.

  “Of course,” He grinned, “We’re a fake couple, after all. We need each other. Without trust, that can’t happen.”

~*~

Hey guys!

Another surprise upload! I couldn't resist :p but im still upoading tomorrow!

So what do you think? :) Comment away!

Julia (: