Games

Haru wracked his brain trying to remember. Ren and Ran were missing and he couldn't find them. He clenched his teeth in frustration as he frantically ran around the house.

Makoto stood with Haru trying to soothe him, even though he himself was trying to think of where they could be.

"RAN? REN?" Haru yelled out, hoping for a reply or giggles and the sound of tiny feet pitter pattering against the floor. This was the fourth time he had tried to call out for them, but once again, there was only silence.

Ran sighed and poked her head out from under the cupboard. "You're so bad at Hide n' Seek."

"Gah! She was in the cupboard!" Haru groaned to Makoto and pointed to where Ran had been hiding.

Makoto chuckled lightly and shook his head. "Well, she's right, you know. You suck at Hide n' Seek."

Haru huffed and crossed his arms, pouting. Makoto cooed and pinched Haru's cheek earning a slap to his hand.

"You're so violent today." Makoto said as he held his wrist that was now pink.

"Sorry" Haru mumbled.

"Awe look at you, using your manners!" Makoto said in a baby talk voice.

"You know what." Haru started. "I'm not sorry at all!"

Ran giggled at Haru and Makoto's bickering. "We still need to find Ren."

Haru sighed. "WE'RE GOING OUT FOR ICE CREAM." He yelled at the top of his lungs, causing Ran and Makoto to cover their ears.

A few seconds later sounds of things falling and crashing were heard from upstairs as well as footsteps making their way down the stairs. Ren appeared, cheeks flushed from running. "Ice cream?"

Haru grinned. "Found you."

"Gah! Why'd you have to trick me like that! I had such a good hiding spot too!" Ren groaned.

"So....are we going to get ice cream?" Makoto nudged Haru.

Haru was about to reply 'no, it was just to get Ren down here' but then he saw the puppy eyes that Makoto was giving him. "Ugh, Yes fine whatever."

Ran and Ren jumped up in excitement, already talking about what flavors they were going to get.
———————————————————————
Haru and Makoto flopped onto the bed, completely and utterly defeated. It had been a long and tiring day for the both of them and all they wanted was to sleep.....and maybe cuddle.

Makoto rolled over a few times, each time getting closer to Haru. When he finally reached his destination he rolled all the way on top of him, earning an "Ugh" from Haru as his body weight was now on top of the other boy.

"You're heavy." Haru grumbled.

Makoto laughed. "That's okay. You're strong." He left soft kisses on Haru's face, eventually causing Haru to crack a smile.

"I love you." Haru sighed. He wrapped his arms around Makoto, holding him close.

Makoto snuggled his face into Haru's neck, feeling safe and secure. "I love you too." Makoto's voice leaving vibrations on Haru's neck.

The moon rose higher in the sky and the lights in each house began to turn off, gusts of wind blowing the leaves on the trees, and eventually both Haru and Makoto were lulled to sleep.