Mom

Makoto woke up the next morning with bed head and a stiff neck. Light was shining through their window and Makoto rubbed at his eyes. Haruka was still sound asleep, his mouth parted ever so slightly and his usual deadpan expression was replaced with peacefulness.

Makoto couldn't help but admire Haru as he slept, I know creepy. Makoto softly brushed Haru's hair from his forehead and carefully pressed a few soft kisses there instead.

Haru mumbled incoherently as his eyes squinted open. He let a lazy smile form before he sat up, facing Makoto.

"G'morning." Haru mumbled as he leaned forward, getting closer to Makoto's lips.

Makoto's hands blocked his actions and he got up off the bed. "Brushing our teeth comes before kisses." Makoto made his way to the bathroom.

"BruShIng oUR teEtH cOMes bEfoRe KisSeS..." Haru mocked before following behind his boyfriend.
————————————————————————
Once their teeth was successfully brushed, Haru ran back to their bed, and Makoto giggled as he watched his boyfriend sit cross legged on the bed, patiently.

"What's gotten into you today?" Makoto laughed.

Haru sheepishly looked away from Makoto before speaking. "I'm not sure. I just... I don't know. It's silly."

Makoto sat on the bed across from Haru. "Tell me anyway."

"I missed you. Which I know doesn't make sense because you haven't left or anything..."

Makoto smiled. "It's not silly. You don't have to miss me anymore."
He leaned closer and softly let his lips greet Haru's.
Haru hummed softly into the kiss as he applied only a little more pressure.

The kiss wasn't heated, and it didn't grow heated. It was sweet. And that's all. They didn't need anything more than that.

Once they broke apart from each other, Makoto wrapped his arms around Haru's smaller frame.

He peppered kisses on the side of his face before leaning back and holding Haru's hands in his own.

"You know, you don't have to be so careful around me. You can let your guard down a little. You don't have to pretend to be the 'cool guy'. If you want kisses or if you want to cuddle, or whatever, just tell me." Makoto said softly.

Haru nodded his head and smiled. "Okay."
————————————————————————
The next few weeks went by smoothly and Haru and Makoto were happy as ever.

They went on another date, this time just to a farmers market, but it was fun nonetheless.

The landline phone rang, interrupting Makoto and Haru from their homework.

"I'll get it." Makoto said before he got up and went to the phone. He held up the phone to his ear and heard a woman's voice on the other line.

"Hello, is this Mr. Tachibana?"

Makoto nodded but then realized that she couldn't see him. "O-oh, Yes I'm Makoto Tachibana."

"Im calling from Osaka's rehab hospital." She spoke in a friendly tone.

Makoto furrowed his eyebrows. "Umm, okay?"

"We have your mother here in the facility. You were the next available kin." She explained.

Makoto had a bad relationship with his mother, but he still cared for her a little bit. She was his mom after all.

"Is she okay?"

"She was admitted here three days ago. She had an overdose and now she is staying in our rehab center." The lady began. "We are thinking as part of her treatment that you come here to talk to her."

Makoto shook his head at the though. "I really don't think that would be a good idea." He spoke quietly.

"Please. She is still being treated medically and is staying in bed still. Everything will be safe." She tried to reason. "She will be sober. We can have another person in the room as well."

Makoto was starting to get anxious. "I-I don't know..."

"Okay, then why don't you think about it for a little bit and then call us back when you make up your mind." She said.

"Okay." Makoto hung up the phone and placed it back on the wall.

"Who was that?" Haru asked and looked up from his homework.

"The Osaka hospital." Makoto sat down across from Haru. "They have my mother and want me to meet with her."
————————————————————————