Another Job?

ROBYN'S POV

I can't even remember how I got in here. I can't even remember my own name. All I know is happening right here, right now. And I can't even believe my eyes. When she said she was a "street dancer", I thought she was kidding.

Noelle obviously wasn't.

She looks amazing. She's wearing a red flowy dress, fluorescent and shimmering. Her feet shuffle a sweet salsa, as she dances without a care. Her auburn hair is down in soft waves, and her eyes look wild and free. As she twirls, I see that the back of her dress is open, and a sparkly tattoo lays smack dab in the middle. Her body is in sync with the music, as if the music were dancing with her. The bass thumps the air, as if it's moving her feet for her. The smile on her face is broad and beautiful. Every step, shuffle, slide, and turn radiates confidence. Her face is lit up, and her eyes are ablaze. She couldn't look more joyful.

Sheesh! I sound like a pansy.

That's when I notice him.

Touching her.

His tall and built body is close to her, and his hands are on her hips. His eyes glaze over her hungrily, as he steps even closer to her, if that's possible. All of a sudden I don't feel like watching, I feel like punching someone instead. Why am I so violent? Geez, am I PMS-ing?

Bloody hell, I think I'm a girl. Woah, when did this even happen? I hope no one notices, but the guys probably will... They know me that well. They probably think I'm gay or something. Ugh, WHY ME?!! I mean seriously, I don't want to be bloody gay, or a girl. I want to be straight, and a dude. I like being a dude. How did this even happen? I thought I was pretty masculine, but maybe I'm just delusional. Or I'm just overthinking it. Yeah, I probably am. What would Noelle think? Well, she probably wouldn't meddle with it, since she likes her relationships with her customers "strictly business", but what if-

My thoughts are interrupted by the deafening applause of the audience as the dancers disappear backstage. It's only now that I realize that this place is packed. I'm glad I'm standing in back, so I can see almost everyone. This place is packed, but not in the way a club, or party is. It's packed, in a way I can't really explain. It's like everyone in the room is in there for their own reason. They all give off a different individual vibe. There are, singers, poets, instrumentalists, artists, musicians, comedian, circus acts, and probably more. Then there are those who came there to watch, and/or support. They all have entertained smiles, and they radiate polite satisfaction, as a magician comes up with an overgrown rabbit. The lights are give off a baby blue light, as he steps up. I kind of feel like a stalker, overseeing them like some kind of creepy hawk or something. I can't even remember why I'm here anyway, a place like this seems like Noelle's scene.

That's because it is, dummy.

Shut up, I was distracted.

That's right, I followed her here, because....?

Because it's 2:45 AM, and no good willed human being lets a girl out alone at this time.

And who was supposed to catch her? Oh, that's right, you!

I now hate disembodied voices. But that's beside the point. I need to find Noelle, she should probably get home, or a home-like place. Who knows what kind of weirdos could lurk in the shadows of this place?

Like you?

Shut up.

I finally get up, and quietly saunter to the second door near the stage. I open the door, and slip in the light-flooded hallway. I blink a little, and stare at the floor like an idiot trying to let my eyes adjust. After that, I look around the hallway that has a ton of weird doors. They must be dressing rooms. Since there a ton of doors, I think I'll just explore a little, since I'll probably find her that way anyway. As I start to walk, I realize something: