Home Again-84

lol 2016 words

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NOELLE' POV

I beam up at him as he walks me to my door.

Finally home.

"So I was wondering..." Robyn scratches the back of his head. "Can I stay over? I mean I'm not really doing anything... And we are going out now." He says.

"Yeah," I laugh. "You don't really have to ask." I shrug, putting my key into the keyhole, and open the door.

"I know but... I don't know, I feel like we've been going out for a while, yet not. And also I assume you'll be going back to work tomorrow, as will I so, I'd like spend the day with you." He blushes as we both step in.

Everything is as I left it. Neat and cozy. I flop in my couch, and pat the spot the side next to me. "Well, now that you mention it, I'd really like to spend the days with you." He sits next to me and I lean into him.

"What's with your hair now? I can barely braid it." He whines.

"Blame David, he's the one that cut it. I like it though, it's a nice change." I shrug.

"Yeah, I guess. It just means now I'll have to French two braids instead of one." He positions me on his lap, and leans back slightly, before combing through my hair with his fingers.

"I'll look cute," I reason. "Plus it'll challenge your braiding skills" His fingers are weaving my hair into a braid.

"Who's to say that two French braids will be challenging?" There's a smirk in his voice.

"I was just saying." I laugh.

That was a weird conversation.

"So um now that you've been chivalrous and asked me out properly, even though we both knew we liked each other for a while--" Robyn interjects.

"When did you start thinking of dating me?" He's cheeky now.

"Um, it was probably on my birthday... I think it was when you let me wear your sweater. I subconsciously wanted to always wear it, and when you took it off, I saw your waistline, and felt really... Attracted to you I guess. I don't know. It kind of hit me like a brick. Like I never really thought about it, but it knew I wanted it. Like wanting it to be sunny, even though you're not going outside."

He chuckles. "I think I started really, truly deeply liking you when I saw your dance recital. It showed me another part of that was quieter, less out there and more thoughtful. I liked that part of you, and at that point I loved every part of you, even the scared parts of you, even the sad and wistful parts of you that hide. I think when we talked that night, you just talking, and me just talking... I'm not sure,something about your voice, like it carried substance, not just laughter. And I like a girl with substance." He stops braiding for a second.

"What?" I ask, able to turn around.

"I wanted to put flowers in your hair,  but I forgot to get you some," He said.

"So what do you want to do?" I ask.

"Get you some flowers," He quickly decides.  "Hold these two." He hands me the two 'unfinished' braids.

"Alrighty then," I say getting up, and walking to the door.

He follows me. "Do you know any flower shops around here?" He opens the door for me and I exit.