Sleepover and Snacks

NOELLE'S POV

I set out drinks and snacks on the table as my coworkers filed in. Ash was leading them, then Teraa, followed by Henry, Nathan, and Jason. The three guys blinked at my apartment like it was a spaceship.

"So, what's on the agenda?" Terra asks.

"Um probably some games to get to know each other? Maybe a few movies, I dunno," I shrugged.

"Well, you're the boss." Ash said before flopping on the couch. She glances at Henry. "We're you always this tall?"

He turns to her, his deep voice swallowing the silence. "Well, there was a time when I had to fit in a uterus..." He cracks a smile.

"Obviously, you didn't just appear from him air," Ash rolls her eyes, but laughs.

"Ah, well I had a growth spurt the summer of ninth grade, and then after that I just didn't grow," he shrugs.

"How tall were you before your growth spurt?" Terra asks.

"I was five foot eleven," he responds, sitting near a bowl of chips. He takes a handful and puts one in his mouth.

"Jeez, does it run in your family?" I ask.

"Yeah, my dad about two inches taller than me, and my mom is about three inches shorter than me,"

"Hey, do you know how to make smoothies?" Jason asks, sitting on the couch next to me.

Nathan sits next to Jason. "I'm sure she does, but I think we should finish the refreshments she's given us first," he talks to Jason like a child.

"Oh no, it's fine. I can start chopping the fruit," Robyn is already up. "Maybe you guys can help? The girls can whip something up too," he says.

"Sounds fun," I get up and motion for Terra and Ash to follow me to the kitchen. I start to get out mixing bowls and whisks. Ash gets out my food processor. Terra bites her lip, looking at us.

"Hey, can you get the cupcake pan thing over there?" I ask Terra.

She complies, and I catch Robyn staring at me. I wink at him and he bites his lip before returning to whatever he's doing. I try to remember the ingredients for cheesecake, and then start setting them to out. "Ash, can you see if I have any fruits small enough to be toppings? Terra, I think there's some glaze in the fridge. Just make sure it's there, we won't have to get it out for a while."

They go around carrying out my tasks as I start making the crust for the cheesecake. I start to preheat the oven and him a small tune. Ash catches on and starts to mix the cream cheese, corn starch, sugar, and salt together. Terra sits back watching us with interest.

"So, is there something I can do?" She asks.

"Umm, start thinking about what kind of topping we should use, and whether or not we really need a food processor. Also, you can crack those eggs for Ash." I say, slightly distracted.

"Also, if you could put on some music, it would be cool. It's almost silent over here, with Noelle completely concentrated on those graham crackers," Ash pipes up.

"Whatever," I mutter.

Terra puts on some Geronimo by Sheppard, as put the crust in the oven. Ash continues to make the batter for the cheesecake, and Terra works on a blueberry-raspberry frosting thing. I'm hoping it won't turn out horribly.

I would hate to ban her from my kitchen.

"So, what's going on over here?" I ask, walking towards the other side of the kitchen, where the guys are making three things at the same time.