The Fighting | G.D.

Start from the beginning

     The room was silent, only the sound of unpacking was to be heard until Grayson's phone started ringing. He excused himself into the hallway and you nodded, not really in the mood to question who was on the other end of the line. You could hear his faint laughter from outside, bringing a smile to your face. No matter how annoyed or mad you were with him, his loud laugh never failed to bring a gleam of happiness to you. "Hey baby, how do you feel about going to a party with E and I tonight?" Grayson asks, poking his head in, covering the speaker of his phone. "What party?" You ask, putting one of his t-shirts on a hanger. "My friend Wesley from high school is throwing one tonight and he said we could bring you if you wanted to come. It's okay if you want to stay here." He says softly, his usual tone coming out. "I'd love to." You smile, wanting to spend as much time with him as you could. He sent you a wink and got back on the phone, chatting with the person who you now knew as Wesley.

     Later in the day after dinner, you followed Grayson back up to his bedroom to start getting ready for the party that started in an hour. "How come I've never heard of Wesley before?" You ask, looking through the few outfits you brought, trying to find a decent one to wear. "I didn't know I needed to tell you the names of all my friends." Grayson murmurs coldly, changing into a pair of denim jeans. Here we go again. "I didn't say that. I was just wondering why you didn't talk about him like you talk about the others." You explain, rolling your eyes at his attitude. "Well if you're so interested in Wesley then why should I even go tonight? Maybe Ethan and I can drop you off and wait outside in the car while you get to know him." He snaps once again. You were losing your patience with him at this point but did your best to keep your composure. "I'm just going to stay here. You and Ethan go have fun. I'll just hang out with your Mom unless of course, you have a problem with that?" You sass, turning around with your hands on your hips. He was fuming over nothing, but you couldn't help but give him a taste of his own medicine. "No. You're going. I already told him you were coming." He says, pointing back at his closet for you to change. "So tell him I changed my mind." You argue, closing the door and sitting on the bed away from him. "Y/N stop being a baby and change your damn clothes. We don't have time for you to be whiney." He says, grabbing a random outfit and laying it on the bed before storming out of the room dramatically. 

     You were more than tempted to push your limits and get ready for bed, but Ethans presence disrupted you from the idea. "You're coming, right?" He asks, holding onto the door frame. "I think I'm just going to stay here actually. Grayson is getting on my nerves today and to be perfectly honest, a break from him sounds wonderful." You sigh, swinging your legs. "I think you should come. He's downstairs saying that you don't want to spend time with him." He says, tapping the wood with his fingertips. You groan loudly, rubbing your face, making Ethan chuckle. "So is that yes?" He questions. You gave him a lazy thumbs up, confirming that you'd go. Whatever Grayson's problem was, you were determined to get to the bottom of it before this trip was over.

     You put on the outfit Grayson had thrown out for you and examined yourself in the bathroom mirror. Other than the fact that you had giant pores and blackheads sprouting on your face you were content with just wearing mascara and a cherry lip balm you knew Grayson loved. You left your hair down naturally which you hated, but you didn't want Grayson accusing you of trying to impress anyone. "You look beautiful." Grayson chirps, walking into the room and acting like he hadn't had a meltdown thirty minutes ago. "Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself." You flirt, leaning over to peck his cheek. He turned his face to steal a quick kiss and smiled wide tasting the cherry on your lips. "Mmm, my favorite flavor on my favorite girl." He flirts back bringing a crimson blush to your soft cheeks. You sat down beside your boyfriend, your thigh pressed to his and put shoes on, hoping that he could be himself for the night.

     The car ride to the house was decent. Grayson managed to keep his cool the entire time, cracking jokes and making snapchats of the three of you hollering along to the radio. It was moments like these that made you fall for Grayson in the first place. He was always so sweet to you and treated you like a Queen. It wasn't until recently when this new attitude came about. Even Ethan admitted that he'd been weird, but he refused to talk about it with anyone. He'd never been one to keep secrets from you or keep his feelings bottled up, so the way he'd been acting was starting to concern you.