They'll Love You | E.D.

WORD COUNT| 1.7k+

     It wasn't good enough. It was too short, showing off too much of your leg. It was too tight, proving that you weren't the definition of skinny. But even as you stood in front of the mirror doubting how you looked, he sat on the corner of the bed admiring it all. He was in awe of your imperfections, and he knew his parents would be too. They would be so proud that he found someone who was so lovely and good for him. You.

     "Ethan, I can't find a decent outfit. They're going to think I'm trashy." You mumble in distress, peeling off the third dress you'd tried on in the last hour. "So far you've looked incredible in everything you've put on and taken off. They aren't going to think bad of you from your outfit of choice. Just wear something comfortable like your favorite jeans and a nice shirt." Ethan says in a soothing voice, only calming your nerves for a moment. Tonight you were meeting Ethans parents for the first time. They were flying out to LA to visit the twins and had insisted on meeting you while here. You'd only been with him for four months and you to say you were scared to death on their opinion of you was an understatement. 

     Taking another glimpse through the array of dresses you owned you decided that he was right and just to wear something you felt comfortable in. Your denim blue hollister skinny jeans, a maroon blouse and golden sandals. To your surprise Ethan was still on the bed, watching you as you slipped each shoe on. "You look amazing Y/N." He assures, walking over and offering a hand toward you to help you off the ground. Accepting his hnad, you held onto it and raised from the carpet. All that was left to do was choose what to do with your freshly cleaned hair and face. Ethan wasn't keen on you wearing makeup, but he knew it would relax your jitters long enough to get through a dinner with his family. 

     Sadly Cameron couldn't fly out because of school, but luckily Grayson would be there also to make you feel less nervous. After you were content with your look you let Ethan know you were ready to go. 

     In the car you pressed your nails into the leather interior, enough to leave a dent that would inflate back to its original form. Ethan noticed and placed his hand warmly on your thigh letting you know he was there and it was going to be okay. 

     His parents had chosen a family owned diner across town that felt more homelike instead of somehwere that had different spoons for different dishes. It was nice knowing they were humble people, instead of snobs. Parking was easy since it was so late and most of Los Angeles was asleep. "There's Gray." Ethan states, nodding to the tall boy resembling your boyfriend, leaning against his car with his phone in hand. You collected your thoughts and took a few breaths to calm yourself down, then got out to join the twins. "Mom and Dad said they'll be here in like twenty minutes and to just get a table while we're waiting." Grayson explains, shoving his phone into his jean pockets. "You okay?" He asks. Was it that obvious that you were about to lose your calmness? "Yeah, I'm just nervous." You reply, tapping your nails against your thigh like usual to relieve yourself of tension. "There's seriously no reason to be. Our parents are cool people. They'll like you." Grayson explains, locking his car and bringing you in for a side hug. Ethan gave you a 'I told you so' look, before elading you into the diner. 

     You found a long booth that allowed enough room for six people. Since you were too terribly nervous they sat you between them to secure your anxiety. Usually you would order tea or something with flavor but settled for water in case you ended up needing to puke. The waiter returned with your drinks which you instantly began to sip on, ultimately making you have to pee. Youe xcused yourself from the booth and found the ladies room.