Hearts Most Wanted | G.D. | 2

WORD COUNT| 2.2k+

Once you were completely satisfied with your look, you left the dressing room you walked along the dimly lighted path to the tent where the dance was being held. You still had a good fifteen minutes before it actually started but you needed to find someone to dance with so your Mom wouldn't end up dissapointed in you.

There were various guys suitable to your parents taste, lingering around the tent, some with dates and some not. That's when your eyes landed on a boy named Noah. He was sweet, lived in your neighborhood and was impecable in school and even better...he'd asked you to the dance before hand. You never really gave him an answer, so now was better than ever to ask. Making your way toward him you gave him a kind smile. "Hey Noah." You greet, trying your best to bring on a flirty grin that might somehow persuade him to be your dance partner. "Oh, hey y/n." He says in a friendly tone, kissing the back of your hand. It was unusual to you to be treated like that, but it was somewhat of a formal dance. "So I thought about what you asked me, and I decided that I'd love to be your date tonight." You admit, still holding the small smile. His eyes lit up some before he shook his head. "I'd love to be your date...but I can't." He says as if he's scared of something. Before you could ask him why, he'd already scurried away.

The dance had already began and so far not a single boy without a date had even asked you for a dance. They'd just look at you like they'd get their teeth knocked out if they stood anywhere near you. You did't understand what you had done, so you stayed seated by the entrance, greeting couples as they walked in hand in hand. You even saw Ethan walk in dressed quite nicely with a girl you'd seen him around school with. You watched them swiftly move across the dance floor with huge smiles on their faces. His smile was similair to Graysons, it made your heart ache. If it hadn't been for the fact that your Mother had put half of this together you would have made an excuse to go home and cuddle up in your bed until Monday. But you'd just have to stick it out for a few hours until it ended or when your family came to retrieve you.

Your Mother had vanished outside the tent, giving you the perfect opprotunity to leave yourself. You'd come back, but you needed air. As you stepped outside the tent you were stopped by both your parents and boy. "Y/n we know you're picky about your dates...so we thought maybe we'd pick one for you." Your Father explains. As you looked closer to the face of the boy you came to realize it was your ex boyfriend, Kade. Kade had hurt your heart in so many ways that even the thought of him made you sick to your stomach. You never told your parents though, hell the only other person who knew was Grayson and that was only because he had somehow managed to squeeze the information out of you during one of his late night ER visits.

Not wanting to upset your parents you allowed Kade to bring you back inside, with his arm draped around your waist. Your stomach was churning, making you want to hakc up your lunch, he smelt the same as when you had previously dated. "Nice to see you again." He mutters from above you. His stupid voice was poison to your ears. "Let's just get this night over with so I never have to speak to you again, okay?" You spat, putting your hands on his shoulders and moving insync with his steps, his hands tight on your waist. "Come on now, give me anoher chance. We were good together. Admit it." He whispers, not wanting to disrupt the crowd around us. "Not a chance and our relationship was toxic- you were toxic." You say, not even looking him in the eye. "If you don't give me another chance, I'll have no choice but tell your parents who you've been running around with all night." He threatens, with a devilish smirk. You gulped silently. "And who might that be?" You ask, hoping his intell was trash.

Your body shuddered as he leaned down next yto your ear and whispered, "Grayson Dolan." hoarsley. You knew the moment either of your parents found out about Grayson you'd be dead. Although they had no idea he was our towns biggest problem, they did know he was a trouble maker and no amount of explaining from you would change their minds. "So what do you say sweetheart? Want to give me that second chance now?" He asks, looking down at you with his green eyes that you once would melt for. He made you sick, there was no denying that...but the information he had on you would be enough where you'd never be able to see Grayson again. "Fine." you agree, and oh was that a mistake.