Alike | P

Habits You Pick Up From Dating Him:

ETHAN:

     You hadn't really noticed any change in your routine while dating Ethan until one morning when you walked into the kitchen to make breakfast for yourself. Ethan was still out cold in his room, but Grayson was wide awake and eating his pancakes in the dining room. "Morning!" You call out through the little opening in the kitchen. He smiled and waved his mouth full of food. 

     You pulled two eggs from the fridge along with some tomatoes and onion, and whatever else you needed to make an omelet. While cooking your meal, your hand had barely swiped the stove, causing you to burn your pinky. You started freaking out and put your hand under cool running water. You didn't even realize how extra you were being until Grayson came into the kitchen laughing. You then looked down and realized you had basically flung yourself at the sink and were halfway standing, just your arm in the sink. 

     "You're just as dramatic as he is." Grayson says still laughing. You just blushed and stood up straight. He turned the stove off so your food wouldn't burn and left the room. He came back a while later with a green bottle. "Here, but some of this on it. Water isn't going to help." He instructs, giving you the aloe. You thanked him and started applying the gel to your now blistered finger.

     "And look at that! The drama King himself had arisen!" Grayson says, bowing down. Ethan gave him a tired, confused look and turned around the corner to meet you. You explained what had happened and the extraness you had picked up from him. 

     "I don't see how I'm dramatic, but whatever. I'm gonna go shower." He mumbles tiredly, pecking your lips and head down the hall. Seconds later you both here him hit his foot on something. "Fuck. Shit. Fuck." he yells and lays in the hallway, holding his foot and rolling. Yeah, okay sure....he isn't dramatic at all.

GRAYSON: 

     You were actually aware of how you'd changed. His Mom was actually the one who pointed it out one night. You were visiting his family in NJ, and staying with his parents. It was around 8:30 pm and you were all sitting around watching a movie on television. 

     You glanced at Grayson who was sitting next to you, with his arm wrapped around your shoulders. His eyes were half open and his head nodded, as he went between sleep and being awake. You nudged him awake and he widened his eyes as if he hadn't been falling asleep. 

     That went on for another 15 minutes before you moved his arm, pecked your lips and got up. "I'm gonna go to bed. Goodnight everybody" he announces, stretching his arms and giving his Mom a hug before going upstairs to his childhood bedroom. You grabbed a couch pillow and leaned on it. 

     Five minutes had gone by and now you were nodding off. You squeezed the pillow tighter, trying to stay awake. It was no use though, your tired eyes were winning the battle. You gave into sleep and stood up to join Grayson in the room. "Goodnight everyone." You say, waving and going towards the hall.

     "You're like an old couple. I've never met a teenager other than my son who goes to bed so early on a Saturday night." His Mom says with a laugh. You blushed and remembered the times when you'd stay up until the wee hours of the morning. But when you started dating Grayson you always wanted to be near him. And before you noticed you'd fallen in step with his sleeping schedule, no matter how early it was. You wished them another goodnight and went to bed next to Gray.

     You woke up without an alarm at 6:00 am as usual. Grayson was already gone, but the spot beside you was still fairly warm, signaling he hadn't been gone long. You got up and went to the kitchen where you smelt the strong aroma of coffee. Grayson was standing in front of the machine with two mugs. "Good morning." You mumble, wrapping your arms around his torso and nuzzling your face into his side. He leaned down and pecked your head.

      "Good Morning gorgeous. Coffee?" He asks, pouring the dark liquid into the mug, along with some vanilla creamer. You thanked him and followed him out to a little table outside. You never saw yourself as a morning person who woke up at 6 am to drink coffee outside with the love of your life. But you wouldn't change your old couple relationship for anything. Because the way the morning sun hit his tired face made you realize how incredibly lucky you were to have him by your side. Your sweet Grayson Bailey Dolan.