12: "bret's going to what now?"

Start from the beginning

I put my hand on his mouth and rolled my eyes.

"It was a joke, Bret. I appreciate everything you do for me. You're just an asshole when you want to be." I stated with a smile, removing my hand and pecking his lips before I walked up to the door of his parents home.

I was greeted at the door by Smith. I hesitantly put on a fake smile and looked back at Bret who walked up behind me.

"Bret, Kat, hello!" He smiled while staring at me.

"Hi, Smith." Bret rolled his eyes and pushed through the door, putting his arm around me.

"He's so creepy." I mumbled and moved closer to the bigger man.

"Bret!" Georgia ran towards him with a smile.

"Hi Kat! Good to see you!" She grinned at me and pulled Bret and I both into a hug.

"You too, I love the hair." I laughed while motioning to her much blonder hair.

"Thanks. Diana suggested I go blonder." She shrugged with a smile.

"I love it. It really suits you." I nodded and bit my lip.

Bret has walked over to his parents, seemingly in deep conversation with them. I looked back at Georgia and smiled.

"How have things been?"

"I worry about mom and dad a little more each day. Things aren't going so good with Ellie and Jim, they're always on the phone with them. I've told them to just let El and Jim sort it out like adults. But dad won't let it go." She mumbled quietly.

"She called Bret and blamed him for Jim not going to Japan. However, I set her straight and she hadn't called since we got back two days ago." I moved closer to her and sighed heavily.

"My best advice is to just avoid her while you're here." Georgia gave me a sad smile.

"That's always the plan." I laughed a little.

"Kat! Oui!"

I looked over Georgia's shoulder and smiled at Davey as he ran towards us.

"Hey, big dude." I laughed once he stopped beside Georgia, in front of me.

"Hey are ya?" He grinned.

"I'm tired. But I'm kicking around." I mused, running my hands through my hair.

"Oh I get it. Because of tha baby." He chuckled. His eyes widened right after the words fell from his lips.

My whole world froze. I couldn't move.

"Baby?" Georgia repeated quietly.

"Uh... no! Like um... fuck. I'm sorry Kat." Davey shook his head and quickly walked away.

"Are you pregnant?" Georgia asked every quietly while staring at me.

I bit my lip and took a deep breath before I looked up at her. "Yes."

"That's amazing! Congratulations!" She smirked and hugged me.

"Who's the father?"

"Your brother." I said bluntly while blinking at her.

"Funny. Who is it really?" She laughed playfully.

I stayed silent, raising my brow as I looked over at Bret, who was still engaged in a deep conversation with his parents.

"Oh my god!" Georgia gasped.

"Please don't say anything! We aren't ready to tell anyone!" I put my hands on her arms and pleaded.