"Why isn't it working?!!! Is it because I have fae blood in me?!!"

"No, Your Highness. If that were the case,  your distant cousin's blood should have healed her."

"So what's the explanation?!" both the doctors looked at one another.

"We don't know Your Highness. She's an ordinary human but we don't know why her body is refusing vampire blood."

"How long before...." he had to control his emotions before he blew something up. The Dark Prince couldn't think straight. He was losing her. She was slipping right through his fingers. Never in all his life, had he ever felt so helpless and weak. 

"A few hours Your Highness. We need light witches who are also really good doctors. Immediately."

He sped out of that room as he couldn't look at his Little Flower all covered in scars and deep wounds which were not healing. She was broken inside out. Unrecognizable. They had cleaned her the best they could but she was still in a horrible, death like state.

He still didn't have the details of what they actually did to her but he was going to find out real soon. Looking at the burnt marks and all the deep cuts were enough for him to understand that she was horribly tortured.

Her heart beat was faint and he didn't know how much time she had. He needed a miracle.

Just as he was about to yell in frustration, he saw Silvian walking towards him.

"I found three. I hope the rumors are right about these guys," the alpha pointed at the three people walking behind him. Two women and a man. One of the women was young. Probably in her late twenties. The other two definitely more than fifty.

He observed each one of them as they all bowed before him. All their eyes were cast down.

"Save her, please. She's badly damaged and she doesn't have time." The prince didn't even realize that he was actually begging them.

The older woman stepped closer to him.

"We will, my prince. We have never lost a patient under our care. Trust us," with that the three of them walked through the double doors.

"They'll save her Phoenix. I know it."

"Thank you Silvian. I owe you a lot."

"You owe me nothing. How are the rest of them?"

"Stabilized for now. Physically speaking."

"That's something. At least none of them died. And nobody's going to."

"We were gone for less than a week," the Prince chucked bitterly. "Did you ever think, imagine, something like this would happen?"

"No." Silvian took a seat near his friend.

"How could I lose so fucking much in just a few bloody days?" he whispered out.

"You haven't lost anything Phoenix." The prince rubbed his face and stared ahead. He sat without any emotion.

To Silvian, the Prince seemed like he almost lost his own life. Just how much does the girl actually mean to him? He wondered. This explained why he became so angry when the alpha called Lady Esther his betrothed.

"It's going to be hard but you'll get though it. Both of you, together."

"I'll make them pay for this. I will not give any of them easy deaths. I'm going to make them scream." The Prince spoke with fire in his eyes. The alpha just stared at his friend. He knew the prince meant every word. He felt the temperature instantly rise, then drop only to rise again and cause beads of sweat to form on the alpha's forehead. He could feel the promise made. The promise of vengeance. Whoever did all these, whoever hurt that girl, they're going to have hell to pay.