Sakura: Before Long Pt 2

Start from the beginning

*slam*

*crash*

The door slammed behind him, and I felt my knees buckle underneath me, landing on he soft carpet of the floor, but my heart hurt more than my knees, I began to sob in my hands as I pondered if I had made the right decision, it was fair to say my marriage to Sasuke was toxic, but what will I do now?

I looked to my side as I gently picked up the photo frame that had fell from the coffee table when Sasuke had slammed the door, the frame was cracked and the glass was a little smashed but the picture was till visible. It was an old photograph from the good old days. It was team 7 one late afternoon when the sun was beginning to set, Naruto was fishing in the lake as Sasuke and were sleeping by a late rock, (Y/n) was there too, he sat there beside me braiding my long, pink hair. It was a picture I had cherished all through these years. Because it reminded me when life was so carefree and painless back then.

I held it close to my chest as my tears continued to fall from my cheeks too the floor below me, wetting the carpet.

My heart almost kept out of my chest when I heard voices coming closer to the door, it was (Y/n) and Sarada! I didn't think they would come back so soon. I can't let them see me like this!

I quickly placed the picture back up onto the coffee table and got up from the floor, just in time for the door to gently open, I wiped the tears from my eyes and turned around to face them.

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

I turned the knob of the door handle and pushed the door to Sakura's house open, the bright sunset colours flooded into the house as Sarada and I entered.

Sakura was standing in the living room, she turned to us slowly and smiled, "welcome back you two". Something wasn't right, I could tell.

"Where's daddy?" Sarada asked her mother as she looked into her emerald green eyes, Sakura was hesitant to reply to her daughter's question, her throat felt tight. "He has to leave again suddenly, sorry sweetie" she replied sorrowfully as she sat down on the couch as we walked closer to her.

"But... d-daddy just came home... He's gone again..? There was so much I wanted to tell him..." Sarada replied as she felt tears in her eyes at the sad news, but Sakura stroked her hair as she hugged her close. "I know sweetheart, I know..." Sakura replied. She held her daughter close to her for a few moments longer before she spoke, "Sarada, I'm going for a walk with (y/n), you'll be okay at home, right?" Sakura asked her, she nodded in response.

"Sakura?" I asked her, she walked over to me and took both of my hands into hers, "Come with me" she told me, letting go and heading over towards the door, "sure" I responded.

*****

We were sitting out over the village underneath a cherry blossom tree, it seemed more too much of a coincidence that this is where she wanted to bring me, this is the place Sakura and I would come all the time as kids, but not only that, this is the place I had confessed my feelings to Sakura all of those years ago, underneath the setting sun as the pink and white blossoms fell around us, it was a bittersweet memory.

"(Y/n)" she called my name as soft as silk, sitting down beside the tree, where the roots curved and formed the perfect place to sit, I remember how much she loved to sit there, I did too, but I would always let her sit there.

I stood on the edge of the hill, looking out over the sun setting over the Hidden Leaf. "Is there a special reason why you asked me out here?" I asked her. I turned to face her, and if the sky wasn't so pinkish-orange, I would have thought she was blushing at that moment. "Sasuke made me realise something" she told me, her eyes fixated out over the horizon.

My brows rose ever so slightly at her words, "what's that?" I asked her, she didn't respond right away, but after a few seconds passed, she whispered softly, but I heard it crystal clear. "That I married the wrong man, and it was the most terrible mistake I had made in my life" she told me, without a thread of regret in her confident voice, and that certainly caught my attention.

"When I was a little girl, it was all about Sasuke, he was handsome and mysterious. Ino and I competed for his affections that he had completely shut out, I was such a brat. But you... You were so kind and patient with me, even when I rejected your love back then, you didn't give up, you were still there for me even when I told you I didn't love you..." she said, sanding up from the tree.

"Even when Sasuke ran away, I burdened you with my own selfish desires, but you said you would help Naruto to bring him back because that's what I wanted... And in the end, I threw you away and married a man who was obsessed with his clan's revival.... I'm so sorry..." I could hear the sniffles come from behind me, but I stayed strong and didn't turn around.

"I don't want anything to do with Sasuke now. I know how selfish I've been, and I don't deserve you... But if you could find it somewhere in your heart, could you forgive me and return my feelings..?" She asked me.

But before I could turn around to ask her what she was about to say, I felt her arms wrap around my waist, her body pressed tightly against my back. And her tears wetting the back of my shirt.

"I love you... (y/n)..." Sakura whispered, her head pressed against my back. I could feel my cheeks begin to heat up at her words, the three words I've always wanted to hear from her.

"Sakura..." I began, slowly turning around and wrapping my arm around her waist and one hand on her him so she oils look into my eyes.

"I forgive you... How could I not? I still care about you Sakura" I smiled, emerald green eyes widened as a blush appeared on her face, I leaned forward and kissed her soft, sweet lips. So sweet, like strawberries.

I closed my eyes as I relaxed into the feeling, I just wanted to stay like this forever, but I needed to breath, so I broke our kiss.

And Sakura's face when I moved away, her cheeks were coloured red as her eyes averted from mine, such a beautiful expression.
"It's u-umm... Getting pretty late..." Sakura stuttered as she gestured to the sky, now dark as the stars were appearing in the night sky above.

"Yeah, let's go back" I smiled as I took my hand in hers as we walked away from our spot, back to her place where things were bound to be very different from now on.