12.

When we arrived at the hotel everybody decided that I would have to be the one to check us into our rooms.

"Last name?" Brenda, the lady at the front desk asked me.

"Cowell." I say.

"Ah yes, your reservations are right here. Let me get your keys." She says.

A little bit later she comes back with three card keys and smiles.

"Have a nice day." Brenda says.

"You too." I reply back as I walk away.

I stop in front of the group and sigh.

"Ok, 5sauce boys you get room 102, 1D guys you get room 103 while me, Cas and Kota get room 104." I tell them as I pass out the key cards.

"Um Zayn and Liam I trust you with your key card, um....Luke I guess I'll give you the key card..." I say, awkwardly handing him the key card.

"What about me? Why does Luke get the key card?" Ashton whined.

"You're right Ash, I should give you the key card." I say.

I extend my arm out so that I could take the key card from Luke.

"No!", Luke yells as he pulls his hand away before I could take the key card back, "you gave it to me first..." He mumbles, but just loud enough so that I heard it.

Luke's pov.

This may sound weird but Nadia gave it to me first and I don't want her to give it to anyone else.

"Whatever, its just a key card it doesn't mean anything." Nadia says while looking at the ground.

Ouch.

"Look, I'm heading to bed. Good bye guys." She says as she turns around with Kota and Cas.

She still hates me, but I don't even know why! I never did anything to her.

"Give her some time Luke, she'll come around again." Calum says as he pats me on the shoulder.

Nadia's pov.

"Mom?...mom!"

"Shhhhh! She's asleep, don't wake her up." Aidan says shushing me.

"Oops, sorry. So what are we doing for her birthday?" I ask my older brother.

"Well I made her a cake, so all you have to do is make her a birthday card. I already made mine." He says.

I nod my head and walk over to the supply closet where mom keeps all the artsy things. I take out a purple paper, cause that's her favorite color, and some color pencils.

"What should I write A?" I ask Aidan.

"Oh I don't know, maybe something around the lines of "Happy Birthday Mom" may sound about right." He says sarcastically.

"Jee thanks bro." I mumble as I start working my way with the colored pencils.

"Hazel? Aidan?" I hear my mom call out.

"Quick! To the kitchen!" Aidan yells as I follow him.

Mom walks into the kitchen shortly after and smiles when she sees us standing behind the island with a some what edible looking cake sitting on the island in the middle with "Happy Birthday Mom!" written on it, Aidan did good.

"Aww, you two are the best." She says as she walks over to us.

Halfway there she had this pained look in her eyes before she fell to the ground onto her knees.

"Mom! Mom? Are you alright?" Aidan asked, worry clear in his voice.

She didn't say anything.

"Mom?" I say in my 8 year old voice.

She looks up and smiles.

"Aidan, I think I need to go the hospital." She says while still smiling at me.

"Hazel, don't cry...mommy's alright."

"But you're still on the floor." I tell her, feeling like I'm about to cry.

"Don't cry Hazel, don't ever let anybody see you cry. Be a brave girl." She tells me as Aidan helps her up.

I stayed home with one of my moms friend that night. Wondering what was wrong with my mother, not knowing that this was the start of something terrible.

I open my eyes and stare at the ceiling while the fan spins.

"You ok kiddo?" Kota asks me.

I sigh and look at her.

"Memories, they suck man."