Looking for Jason

Start from the beginning

I'll definitely have to add lights, especially before fall comes and it gets dark earlier. Once I got closer, the porch light turned on, I quickly jumped into the house.

This place gives me chills out at night.

1 month later

The demon that used to keep quiet had started to peak out of its shell.

I realized that this demon isn't like the ones I've fought before. This demon who's name was Joanna Banes was once a human soul. The demons I've fought before were pure evil, created in hell. Therefore, I couldn't kill her off like those before.

At first, it started with loud thumps and screams. When it started getting annoying, I tried confronting it.

Its figure was horrendous. It stood in front of the window. A tall, muscular, black silhouette. Red eyes, sharp protruding teeth, and claws.

Facing a demon head on without Jason was a lot scarier. These things are horrifying to even look at let alone run forward to fight it.

The thought of manipulating the demon to take me to hell crossed my mind...

But that was a difference between the two types of Demons. The soul terrorizing this house was a tormented human who deserves to go to heaven but was murdered violently.

When I saw the demon in front of me, I also felt it. Its aura was chilling as any other but I felt sadness, worry, and a feeling that was difficult to explain.

It was like she wanted relief...help. It wasn't her fault she became like this. That's when I realized I could help her.

Stepping closer, I smiled softly. Letting go off the sword I used to protect myself in panic.

I extended a hand, reaching to make contact with her. The demon growled, snarling as its hand rose to meet mine.

As soon as I held its hand, the costume of demon shed away to a beautiful young black woman. Dressed in olden clothes, I'm guessing around 40s or 50s.

I felt her emotions and intense memories flow into me letting me see a little into her past.

Joanna Banes, she had been a white woman's maid but for a more accurate classification, Slave. Her death came from a brutal beating from the family. Everyone came to stomp her, bash her with a bat, spit on her, and throwing her in a river.

My own anger became noticeable but she smiled, shaking her head. Telling me not to be angry, she already spent too much of her afterlife being enraged. Joanna began to tear up, throwing herself into me for a hug.

I closed my eyes, happy she was okay now. It was a calming notion that soon everything became quiet.

Quiet and peaceful.

For a second, nothing was wrong, nothing was happening. I couldn't think of anything, I couldn't feel anything.

Everything in the world didn't exist for a single second. It was just me.

And in the next second, the euphoria washed away and I opened my eyes to see Joanna gone. I looked around in my dazed state, seeing everything in my house in the same messy state.

My senses coming back one by one yet my mind still couldn't grasp what just happened. I sat down on my couch as the feelings lingered.

It was a one of a kind feeling that I've never felt. The closest similarity is when Jason would calm me down.

That angelic, heavenly, divine aura....

I took a deep breath. I have a good idea where Joanna went...