A New Beginning

Mulai dari awal

"Be what?"

"I get to blast my music as loud as I want! It's also in a safe neighborhood. Its the best thing I could ask for right now."

"Right..."

"Well, when do you start working?" My dad asked.

"In two weeks. That should give me enough time to settle in."

I picked up a job at the library. Its quiet and relaxing. Something I definitely need more of. The hours are perfect too. Its from 12-5 and its only a 10 minute bike ride from my house.

It'll help me earn more money and save so I'm always on top of my bills. I still have a ton of money saved. I don't know how long I'll end up living there but I don't see much options right now.

All I know is this warrior life isn't coming to an end anytime soon.

"Dad! Mom says you had it last." I looked to him, he frowned.

"I did not have it last. Your mother got the keys directly from the agent." He walked back to his car to check.

I sat on the porch of my dark, gloomy house. Sweating my fat off as we waited for my mom. Good thing the trees here offer good shade. It actually feels nice.

"He says you had it." I told my mom through the phone.

"I'll be there in 5 minutes. If your dad doesn't find the keys by the time I get there, he owes me two bucks."

"mmmmmmmm k." I nodded. Crystal clear.

"DaaaAAaad, mom says you have 5 minutes to find them or you have to buy me a new bed."

"What?!" He poked his head out his truck.

"Hey, thats what mom said. Not my fault." I teased.

"Well, its a good thing I found them, now isn't it." He narrowed his eyes at me.

I sighed, walking with my dad. He opened the door and a breeze of cold air hit us as we walked in.

"Wow, it feels good in here." I sighed. The sun shined through the floor to ceiling windows, shadows shaking as the trees danced in the wind.

Everything was empty, hollow. I faintly felt the Demons presence, but it wasn't threatening yet.

"Yeah, that's surprising." My dad raised an eyebrow.

"I'll start bring my stuff in." Giggling, I ran to the car, bringing the light boxes first.

I didn't have much stuff. It was only two full cars worth.

"Mom!" I smiled, seeing her pull in.

"I see you found them." She shook her head. "I got the boxes you ordered. Along with some furry friends."

"Luna! Velvet!" I cooed, looking into the car and seeing them sleeping in their cages.

"I'll bring them in."