out of the woods

A/N- the song for this chapter is you're so dark by arctic monkeys

disclosed-| make (secret or new information) known.

Crystals POV

I ran and ran straight into the heart of the forest, but it seemed nobody saw him, nobody knew where he was, the knot in my stomach increased, I knew the Wicked Witch and I knew she was capable of a lot more than she was letting off, which could be for many uses.  The thought of him being a monkey or trapped in a cage frightened me because I knew it would be all my fault. I was not afraid of never seeing him again. I was just afraid of making another mistake. Because clearly the game has changed, and this time I don't know what game I am playing, so I have a larger disadvantage.

Then again I did know who the witch was in the first place. I figured she would be watching me or she'd be sending somebody else to do it. She wouldn't trust me to be alone, she has her minions everywhere, she wouldn't risk it.

So naturally I shrugged, and backed off. I could find him later he was capable of defending himself.

"I guess he's not in the forest" I say in 'defeat'.

I wasn't going to succumb to the Witches plan, I would have to find him when she's distracted. Being on Neverland felt way more spacious, I could easily navigate myself through the forest just by looking at the shapes of the trees. I ran and ran, until I heard a gasp behind me.

"Crystal?" He said quietly.

I spun around and looked straight into the eyes of Rumple, I didn't trust him one bit, not after what he did to Peter, and the fact he was still alive made my blood boil. Suddenly he hit the ground and had his hands on his head like he was in pain. I stood there awkwardly still baffled about how he was alive.

"You're alive?" Was all I could muffle out. He hit his head and barked "NO ROOM! No room, to many voices" he said and he hit the ground.

I wasn't skilled when it came to dealing with people like him. I needed Belle or Emma, I didn't know how to handle this situation, he was acting like a madman. So I ran, and ran to get help. I stormed into granny's diner and screamed over the noise "It's rumple. He's alive" I said.

"Well he knows who the witch is, who is it? what did he say?" Emma said. "He didn't say anything useful. Just kept hitting his head saying something about the voices in his head" in the corner of my eye I saw Belle cringe a little and felt empathy for her. When I think about it this experience has probably been absolute hell for her as well, it isn't easy to lose someone you love but even harder when you remember the memory:

Emma grabbed her gun, Hook tried to follow, "No hook I need you to watch Neal. He's in the hospital and he's confused and will try to run away, I know him and I know he hates being away from the action when it comes to family"

"How can you be so sure about that mate?" He says shining his hook.

"Because, I just.. know him"

Emma and Neal's past was a rather complicated one, she is a difficult women to love after he left her, she built up walls that were indestructible. I know Hook would do anything for Emma, so he trudged off wordlessly.

Emma and Charming ran off, leaving me standing awkwardly in that diner with all eyes on me. I knew they all hate me I couldn't be a smooth talker when all my life has been so shady and somber. When my primary concerns were staying alive. Not only from my dad but myself.

"Hey how do we know you and Peter Pan aren't plotting this on purpose?" Leroy says trying to rowdy up the crowd. He sure did a great job because everyone stood up. Making it clear that I had nobody in this town. I would never have anybody ever, I would never have a home unless Neverland counts.

Suddenly the door was practically thrown open. I heard a soothing familiar voice behind me. "You leave her alone, what has she ever done to you? Maybe that's why this bloody towns always cursed, but no matter what you do people will keep coming back. Or at the rate you're hating you won't have anyone"

He lightly grabs my arm and pulls me out of there before more can be said. I silently thanked whoever kept him safe out there.

"Never go in there again, not without me" he demands. "I don't need protection anymore. I can fend for myself-"

"I mean I never want to lose you again, I don't doubt your abilities, I did teach you" he says wrapping me in an embrace.

I sigh. "It feels like we never left Neverland. Constantly running, hiding out on that island for eternity instead of venturing out into the real world. Are we really out in the clear? Because I'm tired of constantly having to glance over my shoulder, running, hiding living in fear. It reminds me of my old life" I say.

I instantly regretted that last sentence. Because it brought back that blurred image of my mother stepping in my way before my dad bashed her.

I've never truly had a home since then. You only know you have a home when you miss it to much. I've never missed Neverland, never missed my home and it's painful memories, Never missed New York, it was all based on lies. I've always been on the run, never able to just settle down somewhere, that I could truly feel safe.

Somehow he senses my thoughts probably mind reading.

"Don't worry, we'll find a home. Whatever makes you happy will make me happy" he says whispering.

"Well we can't do that without hunting down the witch now can we?" I say.

"How about we go like Henry about this? Operation save Henry from the evil greenie?" He says chuckling.

"How about operation green coat?" I say. "Love it. You'll be the one that comes up with names and loves me!" He says laughing full on.

"Can't I have an easier job?" I say fake pouting. He scowls. "It sure was easy to fall in love with you" he says. "Harder to lose you. Why do you need to get involved and risk yourself again? Is it really worth it? You don't truly care for any of them" I say

"Because I want to prove I've changed. I want to show them all who we really are. Despite whether or not I care for them, I care for you" he says quietly.

"Then let's go on a witch hunt" I say tasting bile forming in my mouth.

I felt something was off. But I guess I'd have to let the cards play out.