wonderland

A/N- The song for this chapter is Hymn For The Weekend by Coldplay.

wonder-| a feeling of surprise mingled with admiration, caused by something beautiful, unexpected, unfamiliar, or inexplicable.

Crystal's POV

We landed with a soft thud, my mind was throbbing, it was arduous. All around everything felt hazy. There was a big fat caterpillar on a purple mushroom, smoking something. Perhaps I have gone insane, I thought to myself. Clearly it couldn't have been to good, it's eyes were dull, lifeless.  "You see it too?" I whispered. "Welcome to Wonderland, everybody is bloody mad here" mumbled Peter as we brushed ourselves off, and carefully trotted on the stoned path with red hearts.

We entered a strange maze with the grassy hedges nearly trimmed to perfection, not a single leaf out of place, it was perfect, just to perfect, it seemed endless from the starting point.

Peter stopped to a sudden halt at the front of the maze. He held a hand in front of me signalling my stop. I glanced uneasily at the hedges. He grabbed a nearby stick off the ground and threw it at the hedge walls.

Suddenly it all sprung to life, it grabbed the stick and ripped it apart. It happened so fast, there was no escape. I inhaled slowly, we have come to far to give up now. 

"Stay away from the hedge walls." Pan whispers. "And the red-" he continued. 

He got cut off, the sounds of running footsteps approached, before either of us could fully process what was coming. The queens strange henchmen came with giant javelins and charged at us, for odd creatures that looked like a deck of cards, they sure were fast.

Peter grabbed my hand and we both ran the opposite direction. There was a different obstacle on each turn of this impossible maze. Peter said the mushroom should be right in the middle of the maze. Of course it would not be that easy, it was guarded by a beast that hasn't been seen for decades. Legends stated that it would rip the flesh off anyone and anything who got in it's way. However nobody alive has seen it and lived to tell the tale, therefore it stays a legend.

Panic began to flood through me, this was a seemingly impossible task, and there were many flaws throughout this entire plan, anything could go wrong.  At every turn there was a strange surprise. There was either henchman, caterpillars a weird mist that changed your size while people tried to squish you like a little ant. It was all quite creative, had to give the Queen some credit for that.

Peter and I stayed silent, not much could really be said when you're running through a maze filled with odd traps. So we kept running dodging the obstacles avoiding the walls, there was a strange odour in the air. It smelt dusty, almost mysterious. It was, magical.

I pointed to a little lamp on the edge about a centimetre away away from the hedge walls. He picks it up and examines it. "It's Sirus. That genie, and Alice.." He says.

He gave me the lamp and pointed to Alice who waved slightly. I almost dropped the lamp as the realization hit me.

"Peter I knew her" I whisper 

*Flashback to a few years ago...*

"Adelias! I've been looking everywhere for you, look what I found" I eagerly showed her the snow-globe I found. She was sitting glumly on the sidewalk her head hung in her hands, she sighed. "Crystal can I tell you something?" she said looking me in the eyes. I nodded. "I am to be leaving shortly, to another world or the next, before I go I wish to tell you one last story. Once upon a time... there was a girl who found herself stumbling down a little hole, she ended up travelling to a world where anything was possible, and she fell in love... But he died. Believe me when I say, happy endings are false. Thank you for being a good friend. But if you really care, you'll understand why, someday." She took the snow-globe from my hand. I watched her walk away from me, she was gone.