the heart of the truest lover

A/N- The song for this chapter is The Silence by Bastille,I feel that this represents Crystal, as she felt rather alone throughout her life, as well as Pan.

love-| an intense feeling of affection, devotion towards someone, or something.

Peters POV

I found this to be rather odd. My shadow has never brought a girl here, purposely. They are much to loved to come here, they cannot hear the flute because they are quite optimistic despite the abhorrent situations. But why would my shadow bring her by itself? Why would my shadow play mind games with me, it is my shadow after all. Especially with Henry's arrival to the island soon approaching. And his whole bloody family of lunatics, going to be intent on his rescue. They got all types of people, you got your princesses, princes, saviours, dark ones, evil queens, the whole lot of them! But they cannot defeat me, I've been planning for far to long. Therefore I do not worry.

I keep in mind that she's probably the least of my worries. If she can hunt she can serve as useful, and keep the boys company, lend a helping hand around.

Every boy seemed to look at her with a fierce passion. She is just a girl, and we all saw Wendy, and we saw how that turned out? Wendy nearly drowned when I told her not to go to the mermaids, she blindly stumbles and death awaits near every turn, and she doesn't look before she goes blindly stumbling into one death trap after another. She was a good girl and wanted to go home and grow up, after everything I showed her. It was pathetic, the only reason Neverland exists is primarily because of children wanting escape.

I woke up, she was still sleeping comfortably beside me. I sneak out and go attend to the arrival of Henry. The one who will save 'magic'. Meaning me, the one with the heart of the truest believer who can save me.

I hear shuffling behind me. I couldn't sense what it was. Other than a soft warm glow. Powerful. It was one that sent weird tingles down my shoulders.

"Peter? where are you going?" It was Crystal, she had her arms folded across her chest.

Why would she be powerful? That didn't make sense, she had a aura more powerful than mine.

Uh nowhere?" I say lost in thought. Maybe my shadow was signalling something. The closer she stepped towards me the bigger the glow was.

Henry was exactly like that. But her power lured me to her like a magnet.

Crystal had another heart, a more powerful heart, and the only thing stronger than belief.

Is love. Love is based off belief, if you believe you can love, you can. However finding somebody will return that is the tricky part. You have to believe that you can trust somebody in order to love. So the only thing that made sense would be the heart of the truest lover.But that hasn't been seen in decades, centuries even, if anybody else found out. She would be exploited. And somehow that thought made my blood boil.

But seeing as my shadow told me she was crying, I don't quite understand, what's to love? Or who? In this case, if she wanted to escape what was there to love? If she thought that the only good thing in this world was evil, why would she have this aura? Where did it stem from?

Whatever it was, I was going to find out. Nobody could know. Not yet, not when the advantage is on my side.

I suddenly remember the prophecy, Calypso a half mermaid told me of my future when I told her about an attack from Hook.

"Love can break your bonds. You can love and live forever but only if you remain selfless, and treat her carefully. She is special. And cannot die. Or the world shall become impure forever."