welcome home

A/N- Song for this chapter is breaking the habit by Linkin Park

notion-| an impulse or desire, especially one of a whimsical kind.

Crystals POV

I didn't want to say anything about the switch, I knew it would cause chaos. It might be easier to deal with in Storybrooke, at least then Pan wouldn't have the power of Neverland. At least I could defeat him then.

I didn't trust him anymore, how could I? He left me for power, comes back acting like normal Pan? It did not add up, there was something missing. But it didn't matter, I may have loved him, but that was a fools mistake.

They should've seen it coming. They should be able to tell by the virescent tint in his eyes and the way he doesn't smile, he smirks. It's clearly not Henry, Henry has a smile that automatically brightens the room. There is a dark glow around him.

But I knew if I told them they wouldn't go the right way about it. At least at this point in time. I knew it was dangerous, but I had hoped it would be easier. I could regain my strength, and then go about solving this. I was exhausted.

Every time that tint was clear in his eyes, he wasn't truly in control, it was his power hungry self taking over. In those moments I knew I couldn't handle it, he could control it by focusing on what he cares about, maybe that's what hurts the most. He couldn't stop his inner demons, I couldn't stop them. Therefore does he really care?

I couldn't trust him, I mentally berated myself for being such a fool and jumping into such a situation.

When we got to "Storybrooke" They all went to a little diner. 

 I stayed behind and watched the sunset. Splashes of colours all collided together to form an image so perfect, it almost seemed surreal. How could something so perfect exist in such a world, all I truthfully ever have known is goodbye's, and the only person really there is yourself.

Perhaps I should hear Peter out, if I truly loved him, I should trust him, or at least be able to listen to what he has to say.

When I heard footsteps behind me. I whisked around.

And there he was. Peter Pan in Henry's body, it was a bit odd, but clever nonetheless. 

"When will you leave him alone? When will you let them live "happily ever after?"

He doesn't reply and casually sits down on the bench next to me. He looks into my eyes, I didn't see the virescent tint. He was himself again, now might be my only chance.

"Who are we kidding? I don't belong here, you don't belong here. This world has to many memories for me to even handle, leave Henry alone and we can go back to the way it used to be" I say thinking of Henry trapped inside the box, I was willing to live with a monster, only if it ensured Henry's safety. The poor kid has gone through so much, and honestly he's the only one I could fully trust.

He nods. "One problem."

I bite my lip.

"There's no other way to get there. We may forget our memories the longer we stay here, but we may not"

I felt a blast of rage surge through me. "Why the hell would you come here? Why did you leave me for power? This is exactly why we can never be together because you don't even care. And for that I hope I do forget my memories of you because I don't want to be haunted by the fact that I trusted you, I've made poor choices in my lifetime, but I think this may be the worst one"

A flash of pain appeared on his face for a split second. But of course, he covers it up with his ego.

He grabs me by the hem of my shirt, and pulls me against a brick wall. The tint was back, he was gone. Fear flickered in my eyes.

His nails were digging painfully into my arms.

"Everything I've ever done, is for you. But clearly you are to blind to see it. I left you to get your heart back from Rumple. I also put it back for you but you didn't notice that. Of course I'm just the evil one. These people, they left you, they don't give a bloody shit about you"

"P-P-Peter stop"

"You are just so-"

"STOP!" I screeched. I couldn't take this anymore. 

He looks at my wrists and glances at his own hand. Slowly backing away from me, not taking his eyes off his hand. Looking at it like it was cursed, he looked back up at me, the tint was gone, he looked so fragile.

"A monster.." he whispers so softly I almost didn't hear him.

"What?" I say.

"Go away I don't want to hurt you anymore." he says turning around.

I felt a knot form in my stomach. I couldn't leave him there, not in this position. I may be slightly ruthless, but he was my weakness.  I couldn't get hurt, I couldn't stay here. 

I had to tell somebody who wouldn't hurt him. Who understood that he wasn't all that terrible, just conflicted.

A voice came into my mind.

Ariel.

Ariel.