dreamshade

A/N- The song for this chapter is Run by Snow Patrol, I feel like this represents this chapter.

dreamshade-| a plant of poison capabilities to that who touches it

Crystals POV

When Pan said he had to 'talk to me' I was quite surprised, I never intended on spilling everything to him, there was a reason I had trust issues as it was, but when he explained how I was bonded with the island I was confused, how could I stay here forever? I had probably about a thousand images running through my mind. Peter seemed to pleased about staying here forever. But living forever could get rather boring as well as lonely, If your just watching everybody else grow up while you sit around never aging in this forsaken place, eventually everything you want to live for, perishes.

We went back to camp, I wasn't going to run away but at this point in time I did not know what I was being let into, I felt like I did not have a choice. I did deserve to know what I'm getting myself in to, and the fact that Peter just so happened to know everything about me before I did was just concerning, some things are just meant to be kept to yourself. Like the reason I am here, obviously it was because I needed escape, I had a feeling he knew, he knew way more than he let on, was it going to be used against me? Was it my weakness? He knew to much, and I felt vulnerable with this information.

I let him get ahead of me. Then I stealthily climb a tree. I tree hop around the forest. I accidental touch a weird blue flower on the tree. My whole hand turns shimmery and purple. I curse under my breath. And hopped down from the tree, much to my surprise, right into Pans waiting arms, with that knowing smirk planted on his face

"Running away?" Pan says smirking. I gulped, I guess I was running away, which seemed quite ridiculous. I was on an island with eyes everywhere, where could I go anyway? I figured I may as well threaten him, that way he could not take advantage of me in any way. I unsheathed my dagger and aimed it right at his throat. He looked amused, curiosity glimmered in his eyes, I pressed the dagger harder. With a simple wave of his hand, the dagger vanished and shimmered into dust. He then spoke with such determination, I was absolutely stunned.

"Don't you know you can't kill me if you love me" he said daringly. He actually had the nerve to say that after I almost could've killed him. I folded my arms and glared at him, right through his eyes, if that look didn't state anything then he is ludicrous.

"Who said I love you?"

"I can feel it. Its like, feeling whole again, you have this soft glow surrounding you, you're attracted to me, like a magnet."

I suddenly stop in my tracks, I was dead serious at this point, "I- I hardly know you though. In order to love somebody, you need to understand love, and that is the reason I'm here, I've never been loved, I don't know that experience, so how can I just 'love' you" I stated shaking my head slowly.

"There is a prophecy, it says a girl will come to Neverland. With the heart of the truest lover, meeting with the heart of the truest believer. Tying the lover to Neverland, falling in love with the handsome me" he said cockily.

"You're so FULL of yourself. First of all, hate to burst your bubble, but you are not handsome, but nice try, also how do you know I'm the one with that heart? You want to save yourself by making me pretend to love you? I've never loved anybody, that is exactly why I am here, I needed escape" I say firmly.

"Your just a cocky fool, never believe everything people tell you" I added shaking my head.

He backs me up against the tree, again. "You've got fire..

I like fire."

"Yeah and I like not dying! I think you do as well. So how the hell do I get this purple stuff off me?"

"First lesson on Neverland, do not touch the blue flowers, they contain dreamshade.

He created a little dew drop in his hands. Then took my hands softly and and spread it throughout them.

I looked up into his eyes. At that moment I understood, even just for a fraction of a second, I understood why my mother refused to leave the beastly pathetic excuse for a father that I had, she couldn't resist the possibility of what they had, that he could change, but eventually reality had to kick in, he would not change for anybody. I knew making the same mistake with Pan would be deathly, despite the moments where I believe that all is exceptional. He seemed like one of those mysteries you just want to figure out immediately. You don't understand why, perhaps it's just instincts.

"Let's get going" he says quietly. I sighed, getting close to somebody who has probably never opened up to before would not be an easy approach, especially when he is always ahead of the game. I guess it was neccesary, staying away from him would be beneficial for my survival, besides attachments can turn into addictions, and personally I despise addictions. It led me to the worst position I  have ever been in, throughout my miserable existence.

Back at camp everybody's watching us closely. I learned the blonde boys name was Felix. Out of the 20 or so boys I only talked with a few. So I didn't really know most of their names, yet.

"If you are to train to be a lost boy, you must pass these tests. Firstly I call a manhunt. you have 10 minutes to get away. If you hear a whistle. You have won and it means you come back to camp we start in one minute" Peter says.

I began to strategize, knowing their constant intentions, whereabouts, footprints, the area's they would be least likely to venture into.

Then I remembered that he has eyes and ears everywhere on this island. Surely he would cheat. He was bloody Pan, no game is ultimately fair, especially with him. The only way to have even a slight chance is if I go into the trees. He cannot have eyes there for the fairies live in the trees, an encounter with the fairies might be risky, especially for him as well as myself but at this moment this plan was practically by best chance to win. 

When he calls the manhunt. I ran for 5 minutes took a deep breath and climbed a tree that might easily disguise me. I climbed higher and jumped 7 trees onward, staying clear of the dreamshade, as well as any other oddity on this island,  I did not need another episode of that traumatizing experience.

So from there I waited, clearing my thoughts, careful not to make any rustling noises, just in case, I did not want to lose, not here, not now. Taking light breaths, I mentally traced their footprints in my mind, staying alert at any time.

I will show them what I can really can do.