the evil in us

A/N the song for this chapter is Scarlet by In This Moment. I feel this song represents so many of my otp's (dramione) *QUE HATERS* ha bye - areej

hope-| a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.

Peters POV

After I kissed her, the evil hazed fog cleared up. I knew it wasn't gone completely. It has scarred her enough, once you go bad, you can never go back. However it was enough to make her stay herself, and at this precise moment it was all I needed. She will be a little harsher. But better then completely horrid all the same.

"You're back" I say grinning slyly. 

She nods and embraces me.

"Peter, I still feel evil inside me though, I feel less rage but still quite angry all the same, but I cannot name any reason to be so angry, I can't quite describe it, but it's  like a fire that just keeps getting wilder, it's not me, I'm not like this. I just want to be myself again." She says looking down at the grassy ground.

I lift her chin up with my finger. "You are still the same girl I fell in love with. Nobody will change that, ever. Remember that night when I asked why you didn't hate me even though I was evil? You said it was because you thought that there is evil in all of us, some people just don't know how to show it. We are all selfish human beings. You're still you Crystal, you always will be, only you can control that, nobody else.

She nods, "I'm going back to camp" and with that she turns on her heels, and walks away. I watch her until she becomes a figure in the distance. Meanwhile I had other matters to attend to. We all knew that the saviour was going to launch a 'surprise' attack at night, not so surprising when your 10 steps ahead of their game. It was all so predictable, you cannot launch a surprise attack, not against me, not when I know this island down to it's existence. Not when I'm angry at them for even thinking of hurting Crystal, and yet they have the audacity to consider themselves hero's. We are all selfish beings.

What I wasn't planning for was Henry staying, Neverland being quite drunk with the power, and of course falling in love with Crystal, all the while she doesn't know Henry wants to go home but doesn't wanna leave her.

I couldn't tell her. She would leave me like Wendy. But she should trust me, It was an internal conflict in my mind. She would figure it out, eventually. I couldn't bear the thought of her leaving, my heart cannot handle this.

I was not letting that happen. I have to keep Crystal spending less time with Henry, so he wouldn't expose his inner feelings in the little things, I have to keep Crystal away from her parents so they don't manipulate and attempt to kill her, I have to keep Henry away from his parents so he doesn't coax Crystal into leaving,  Keep Crystal away from Rumple, keep him away from me because he's an absolute nuisance. Then I have to keep Neal away from Emma, as much as I love a good drama scene, I don't need her becoming any more powerful, I have to keep hook away from Charming and keep my shadow in line.

It was definitely going to be much more, complicated, at least more than I expected. But I could manage it, I had to sustain this, I refused to lose her. But I needed a viable solution, a permanent solution.

I needed to find the Siren of the Lake.

She would help me send them back home never to return, making us safer, and Henry and Crystal would stay here, and his idiotic complicated family would never return. The only flaw, was that she was rather.. Difficult. She always expects things, impossible things, nothing less. If you break a deal, she infiltrates your mind, exposing your darkest secrets, desires and she uses it against you. You cannot break a deal with her. She's the female of Rumple, but far more treacherous, her existence is based, purely on the intention of her evil deeds. Her mind games are haunting. She feeds on fear.