drained

A/N- Song for this chapter is the carpal tunnel of love by fall out boy

surge-| a sudden powerful forward or upward movement, especially by a crowd or by a natural force such as the waves or tide.

Crystals POV

She was manipulative for sure. You could see it in her eyes and her lurking smile. She could pounce at any instant and she often isn't caught off guard. She has got to have a weakness. Everybody does.

Whether it was the look of a pained past or the possibility of no future it was unclear. I glanced at Peter and I knew he was thinking the same thing.

"What do you want?" I said glaring at her piercing eyes.

"Oh just thought I would check out the most feared person in the land! Gotta say I am a bit disappointed, not as tough as I thought" She giggled.

I watched her every move. The way her mouth would curl into a smile like she was planning something, the way she walked with so much ease, in a way that she wasn't afraid, because she had the upper hand. She put her hands on her hips, and turned to face us.

"All you are. Is a weakened lover boy. And that my friend will be your downfall." She whispered.

I was about to slap her right then and there. Suddenly she violently thrusted her hands out towards me making me float into the air. Peter jumped up but he knew if he broke the concentration of magic I would fall towards the ground.

But that witch underestimates me. With just a swipe of my hand I send her sprawling to the ground, shocked. I gently set back on the ground and look her straight in the eye.

"That's where you are wrong. Love isn't weakness, it's power and strength to have somebody who understands you. Somebody who you would do anything for. Zelena you can do so much better than this, trying to threaten everyone will not get you anywhere in life. It won't benefit you. Say you won and destroyed everything we loved, what would you do after? It's inadequate" I say.

She smirks. "Oh my plan ensures all of that, and more" With a cackle she snapped her fingers and she was gone into the dust.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"We throw popcorn at Hook and then run away?"

I laughed. "Not quite but add that to the list"

He smirked.

"Find this witch. Figure out her plans. Stop them" he said basically reading my mind.

"That's more like it"

He takes my hand and we head back to the one place where you can find things. Mr. Golds shop.

I replayed that image of her over and over again in my mind. She didn't have the natural aura of magic, which means she would have it tied to a person or an object. Knowing people could be unpredictable she would probably have it too an object. It couldn't be her hat because hats are flimsy, it couldn't be her gloves, that would be silly. It would have to be something close to her heart.

Close to her heart...

The necklace.

"I'm gonna go to the library" I said changing the direction. He followed, he never questioned me which I was grateful for. When we reached the library I put a spell on the surrounding buildings to ensure nobody would listen in on us.

I turned to face him suddenly feeling incredibly drained out and tired.

Weird.

"Her necklace, ties in, power, makes her, stronger" I panted out.

He nodded in understanding then cupped my face in his hands, making me look at those green striking eyes. "Are you okay? Why are you panting?" He says concerned painted all over his face. I wasn't sure I should answer that. I shrugged and said I was fine. We had other things to worry about besides the well being of myself just being a little exhausted.

So we looked around the huge library getting nowhere basically. There were books on everything! How to eat an oger when you were starving? I laughed and threw the book at Peter which he caught with ease. He chuckled. "I'm totally gonna need to know how to cook an oger, I mean what with that witch roaming around"

Honestly we were getting nowhere.

"I'll go get Belle" I said hurrying down the stairs and around the corner to Mr.Golds.

He kissed my forehead. A simple gesture but I knew it had much more meaning than he let off.

I ran off to the shop and saw Belle sorting out some things. "Hey Belle, could you help us with something?" I said quietly. "It's about the witch" I added after.

She smiled. "How can I help you?" I explained along the way, she nodded. "I know where to find it" she says.

When she sees Peter she smiled, at least they were warming up to him. She scanned the shelf and then walked to one, stopped abruptly and pulled out a book, she handed it to me. The cover said "Channelling Magic" I set it down at the table and began to read through it with Peter beside me reading along.

"Every magic person has a spark, anybody can have magic but everybody has a different level of power. Chanel magic is for making magic ten times as stronger, once the item is removed they will be rendered weak.

Another form of channel magic is taking power from others, it is incredibly sneaky and makes others feel drained and tired. Until eventually they have no power left. A way to stop this is by killing the person, or doing a spell using light magic"

I stopped abruptly. And glanced at Peter.
We both knew what was happening

"Zelena is draining my power"

"That means she can kill me"