the enchanted forest

A/N- The song for this chapter is Single by The Neighbourhood.

pass-| move or cause to move in a specified direction

Crystals POV

We landed a good metre away from each other. I was shocked to say the least, he showed mercy to a mere beast. For a reason perhaps I may never understand. I observed our surroundings. It was bright and sunny. But all was silent, no animals were heard, the trees were hollow and wilted. The grass was a pale sickly yellow. "Where are we?" I ask looking around in curiosity. 

"The Enchanted Forest. It's deserted because nobody knows how to get here anymore. They're trapped in Neverland currently, unless they have found a way off. Now the ogres have taken over. Also we must watch out for Aurora and Phillip. They wouldn't think any better of us." Peter says dusting himself off.

I nod. I looked into his eyes. They had a strange flicker of darkness in them. My stomach clenched. Draining his energy for the beast might have been noble, but it drained his willpower it seemed, if we didn't find the siren in time he'd be eaten alive by the darkness. He won't be fixable.

But all curses can be broken. The question is .. How.

"Let's go kill a siren." He says walking ahead of me.

I wasn't sure why he wasn't getting the other items. We shouldn't get cocky. We couldn't defeat the most powerful magic being in all of the realms without the protocol.

"What about the other items?" I ask

"We have something much better" he said not giving me a second glance.

"And what's that?" I say slowly.

"Sacrifice" he says

A strange knot kneads through my stomach but I trudge on. I have to trust him, that is what relationships are based off right? But, then again he may not be himself, that twinkle of darkness is hard to resist.

After walking through what seemed like a dead land, we came across one fully intact tree. It stood right in the middle of everything, it was almost glowing. Peter stepped up to it, not daring to touch it. 

Suddenly a piercing yell rustled through the winds, I froze in terror. 

We were fortunate enough not to encounter a beastly ogre thus far, it was really a matter of time. But we couldn't run, they were all closing in. We had to climb into the tree, and hope to live.

Peter jumped smoothly into the giant crevasse of the tree, and he swung his hand downward, pulling me up with him. Huddled together in the comfort of the tree and each other. I wished for nothing more but safety, nothing more than to hear the sound of those screeching ogres go away.

Maybe I should've been more careful, as to what exactly I wished for.