Above me.

The area Jason was running through started getting thicker with foliage. Leaves and branches slapping my face and body.

The darkness wasn't lighting up in the slightest. It was all just pure black, making it seem fake almost. Not being able to see was definitely blurring the lines of reality.

"GET DOWN!" Jason roughly pushed me down. "Ughhh!" Jason grunted. There was shuffling, sound of fighting but they were going away from me. Eventually being drowned into the noise of the insects. Leaving me completely lost and vulnerable.

Just to be safe, I summoned my sword, hoping to be ready. My environment was against me, I had to get back to open field so I could at least have some light from the stars.

I ran back the way we came from. At least tried...

I kept running into trees, hitting myself on everything, and tripping over fallen wood.

This isn't working. I looked up, hoping to see some stars or the moon, something but it was absolutely useless. The woods were far too dense. There was no source of light- nothing!

This isn't good, if the demon doesn't kill me I'm sure one of the hundred animals in the woods would happily do the job.

Fuck what do I do?

I can't hear anything over the insistent insects. I can't see or hear.

Great, just great! It's not like I needed those senses or anything. Might as well just take my other senses at this point because they aren't helping.

What can I do?!

Mmmm.... 

Trying to feel for the evilness, I followed a slow path, arms extended. This could work. I cringed, feeling the malevolent energy bouncing all over the place. I couldn't keep track of it, eventually losing its presence.

Damn it! Where is it!? I'm panicking, I need to calm down. Getting angry isn't helping. I whined softly, feeling the sweat drip down my neck. I can't find it!

In that same second, a wave of malignant energy hit me.

It's behind me!

But it was too late... 

"Ah!" I winced. The demon had sliced my left leg. I dropped my sword, falling down on my knees, checking my dripping wound. I could feel the hot blood run down to my bare feet. Before I could even take a second to breathe there was another attack slicing into my skin just as fast as it disappeared. This time it was my right forearm.

The wounds- they burn! It hurts so much! I can barely move! It's going to kill me! I can't even lift my arm but I feel it. I feel it coming toward me!

Something giant fell through the trees, making the trees break. It was big enough to create a intense gush of wind. There was screeching, not sure if it was an animals or the demons.

"Ah!" I screamed. My left arm. There was burning spreading through my body, feeling as if I was on fire. "Ahhhh!" I cried in pain. Blood dripped down both my hands. The all too familiar feeling of pain started to fill my veins. I know this pain, I felt this not too long ago and it hurts just as bad.  

"Serenity!" Jason yelled, the unsteadiness in his voice signaling me he was fighting. "I'll bring him to you, just get the sword!" Jason's voice cut through the white noise catching my full attention as if he was the only one here. 

"I can't!" I cried. "I CAN'T! AHHH!!!" My head was being twisted, tortured, set in flames. I dropped completely onto the ground lifeless, panting.