The Artist's Daughter (Chap 6)

Dedicated to XxSkater2Girl16xX because her books APR and ASR are amazing!!

Hello my lovely reader!!! Yay, I posted another chapter!! Please read, comment, vote, add to your library and recommend it to your friends!!!!!!!!

On the right: Song by One Direction----------------------------> Stand Up

Picture of Emma Stone as Rosie, Alice's High School best friend!!!! ------------------------>>>

Please give me your opinions on it!

Enjoy!!!

"Copy Rights All Reserved"

===========================================================

I cough loudly, thinking how come my house is on fire! I didn’t open the gas since this afternoon to cook lunch! My eyes start to sting badly and tears are pouring out. I quickly scramble to my feet, and grab my violin case from the wardrobe wear shoes and open my door. As I open it, I can see fire in front of me. I quickly close the door and go to the window. I can see that there is no way out of this flat; I have to jump if I want to live.  On my bed, i can see pillows and cushions thrown on, so I grabbed them and threw them out of the window. I take a huge deep smoky breathe, I just can’t help myself. I needed to breathe. Looking down at the window, I can see the pillows on the cold ground. I close my eyes, and take away all the negative thoughts from my brain. I told myself to concentrate. While I am trying to concentrate on the task ahead, I heard a loud banging noise close by. I turn around to see that my bedroom door is now on the floor and the fire is coming closer me, each second ticking by. I turn my head back to the window and sit on the window sill. I took a deep breath once I am facing down my street. Closing my eyes I say to myself, “Go on Alice, you can do this. Make your mum proud. Come on!” with that, I jump, screaming loudly. Everything seems like it’s playing in slow motion. Then I suddenly fell to the cold, hard ground. Half of my body seemed to land on the pillows, whereas, the other half on the hard ground. “Ouch!” I said while rubbing my back. I look up at my bedroom window to see smoke rushing out of it and polluting the air. While I am still lost in my own world, I feel warm pair of hands on my shoulder, picking my up from the ground gently. I look up and my eyes meet with the only pair of eyes that leave me speechless and breathless. Well, if you haven’t guessed yet, I will tell you. Those mesmerising ocean blue eyes were Liam’s. I pull him closer to me and cry, really hard. At that moment I actually come out of the shock.

“It’s ok sweetheart. You’re alright” Liam soothes me while I just cry.  Liam hugs me tightly and whispers soothing words in my ear. After a few moments, when I am calm enough, I look around to see that there were lots of people gathered around on the street. Then I heard ambulance siren nearby and fire fighters rushing out of their trucks. One of them come to me and gives me a blanket. At first I refuse it but then Liam accepts it and wraps me up in the blanket. As soon as the blanket was one me, I feel the warmth of it spread through my whole body. I turn around and smile at Liam.

 “Thank you for being here with me” I said to him.

“Remember Alice, I will always be here for you” with that he bends down and kisses my forehead. At first, I was completely and utterly shocked. However, a police officer comes to ask me a few questions so I step away from Liam.

“Your name?” the chubby police woman asked me with a kind smile on her face.

“Alice. Alice Spence” I said to her.

“Miss Spence, do you know what happened? How was the fire caused?”

“No. I was sleeping when I... when I smelled smoke and then I quickly opened my bedroom door to see why there was so much smoke, when I opened the door, I could see fire everywhere; there was no way to escape. So I jumped from my bedroom window” I finished. The officer smiled kindly and went to the fire fighter to investigate further.

I felt a tap on my left shoulder so I turned around to see who it was. At first, my eyes connected to bright bluish/green eyes, redish straight hair, and a warm smile. The girl looked very familiar to me yet I couldn’t recognise her.

“Alice! How lovely to see you!” said this strange girl.

“Um... do I know you? And how do you know my name?” I asked completely confused.

“Silly girl, I am your high school best friend Rosie! I can’t believe you forgot me!” 

Just the recognition dawned on me. A smile made its way across my face. All those wonderful days of high school with my friends flashed in my mind.

“Oh Rosie! I am so sorry! I never forgot you, it’s just I had a lot of stuff happening in my life” I said.

“Oh, don’t worry. Come and stay with me. My flat is just above Riley’s Cafe. I never noticed that you came back. When I first came here I remembered that you used to live here. A few months ago, I knocked and knocked the door when finally some bloke called Liam opened the door and told me that you don’t live here anymore.  At Liam’s mention, my tummy did some sort of flip, but I ignored it. Then I remembered that Liam was still here. I turned around and saw Liam talking to one of the police officers.

“You know that you can stay with me if you want until your flat gets fixed” Rosie offered with a warm smile. I thought about what she had said. I didn’t have anywhere else to stay because of my stupid flat. After making my decision, I smiled gratefully at her and accepted the offer.

“I would love that. Thank you so much! I owe you” I said gratefully.

“Yeah, you do owe me” an evil grin made its way across her beautiful features.

“Erm.. . yeah sure” I said a little unsure.

“Hahahaha.... your...face...it’s....it’s...so...f-funny!” Said Rosie while laughing!

“Alice, take a chill pill! I just want to take some of your precious time and catch up on you” Rosie said.

“Wow, you scared me so much. But you shouldn’t have joked with me in this situation!” I whined like a 2 year old. This is the best thing about Rosie. She makes you forget about your problems in an instant no matter how serious the problem is.

“Alice? Do you want to come and stay at my house?” Liam asked.

“Liam! Oh thank you so much for being here with me in this awful time! Look I found my high school best friend Rosie” I said pointing at her.

“She, offered me to stay with her” I said smiling at him.

However, Liam frowned. “Can I talk with you without someone listening?”

“Yeah, what is it?” Liam took my arm and guided me to a quite spot.

“I am not comfortable you staying with some stranger. Please come with me?” Liam pleaded.

“Look Liam, I am very surprised that you really care for me and I really appreciate it. But I have already said yes to her and it would be bad to turn her offer down. I will come and visit you tomorrow, how does that sounds like?”

Liam’s eyes looked very undecided for a moment. “Alright, see you tomorrow. You better get some sleep; I want to take you to somewhere special tomorrow afternoon” Liam said smiling down at me.

“That would be great. Thanks once again” I leaned in and gave his cheek a peck. Liam looked stunned. I waved him a goodbye.

“Rosie, come on let’s go! I wanna go to bed” I whined like a toddler!

“Okay let’s go” Rosie smiled at me and led me towards her flat.