"ZAYN STEINFIELD!" This time Principal Lauren yells into the microphone, we all had to cover our ears.

"WHAT?!" Zayn yell back equally.

"Is this some sort of ' can-you-yell-louder -than-your-stepmum ' contest." Ray laugh making jest of Zayn.

"You could say that again." I hear Principal Lauren answer him. How did she get here asap?

Ray laughs harder. "I know right. Your stepmum is cray cray." His face has gone pale and his eyes darts around for the direction of the voice.  He comes eye to eye with Principle Lauren.
The look on Ray face was priceless and I was laughing my ass out.

Ray looks at her sheepishly. She shoot him a glare resting her burning gaze on Zayn. If looks could kill. He should be 6ft below right now.

"I wish I never had to put up with your attitude."

"No one is gonna tie you to a railway track if you decide not to."  Zayn says and that only earns his step mum to grab his ear, dragging him with her and he yelp continuously in pain.

"Don't think you will earn a free pass for that Lewis!" She tells Ray.

"I will keep that in mind principal Lauren."
"Zayn is dead. I just know it." He whisper mocking Zayn.

"He sure is." I agree with him.

"So..." He nudges me but before he could finish his phone buzz out it usual SpongeBob ringtone.

He checks the caller ID and he looks like he's contemplating to pick the call or not. He ends the call. I try not to question him and focus on my quest of solving the mystery behind--

"Why the fuck are you calling me?!"

My eyes widen at his sudden change of tone. Right now , the goofy side of Ray is trapped in an adventure with Dora. He sure is really mad at whoever he's on the phone with. But again, only two people on Earth are capable of bringing out this side of him. Kylie Lewis and Norman Lewis. Any genius could guess those are his parents.

"Thirteen years mum. Thirteen fucking years and now you are telling me you're back... You can't just walk back into my life like it's damn red carpet for an award.... Great! You see the point. You were never there from the beginning. So why now?! "

He was trying his best not to vent his gall out seeing how he clench's and unclench his fist.

"I am not ready for this conversation. Goodbye!"
He calms his nerve taking a deep breath.

"Can you believe them?" He huffs "All my life they have been too busy for me. Money has always been the solution for them. Crediting my account is not going to make up for my lonely childhood. Thirteen fucking years they left me in care of a nanny. It hurts to know I grew up not knowing what it's like to share that special bond with your parents. And now they are telling me they are back..what am I supposed to do with that piece of information?"

He rants his feelings. His eyes were stormy and I notice he's trying so hard not to flare up.

We all have that one chapter of our life we never want to open.