-[2]-

[This Chapter Has Been Revised and Edited From The Original Version]

I wake up to the sound of my iPhone vibrating. Who could be texting someone this sunny afternoon.  It's a Saturday for goblin sake. Can't a bitch have her beauty sleep. I am not saying I'm a bitch. There's no point explaining.

I picked my phone to find a new message from Max and numerous from my best friends. I checked the time the messages were sent realizing it was sent 10 minutes ago.

Max:Aisling!!!!!!!

Max:I have been pressing the door bell since.

Max:please open the door!

Max:i don't know where I dropped my keys!
         I think I lost it at the party.

Max:Aisling can you just read your messages!

Max:I swear I will die here.

Max: I have always known you were suffering from clinomania.

ME: Yo bitch!

MAX: I am not a bitch psycho! Open the damn door.

ME: Where were you last night?.
And the night before last night?
And the night before last two nights??

MAX: None of your business.

ME: OK. I hope you have a blankie to keep you warm on the porch. Goodnight even though it's still afternoon.

MAX: Aisling I'm being serious here.

MAX: Jesus tell me you didn't go back to sleep.

MAX: Fine I'll tell you where I went.

MAX: it's official I'll kill you with my own hands !!

I made sure my phone is in "do not disturb" mode. At least I will sleep in peace and wake in heaven's gate with Angel Michael narrating how my very own blood brother murdered me with his own hands because I didn't let him into the house.

And with that my picture will be on every newspaper in town. What a miserable way of popularity.

*

*

*

I kept scrolling through the news on Facebook scrunching my face at picture of some girls who have the same pose in every pic and some guys bragging about whom among them already has the latest ps5. Teenagers can be so stupid. Yh I know I'm one of them.  I tap on the message Adrian and Andy sent on our group chat.

AD - Clark you sure you are not pregnant with the way you sleep.

Andy: There are so many people on the beach.

AD: It's a Saturday dumbo. You don't expect it to be just two of us here.

Andy: I wasn't talking to you.