-[18]-

[This chapter has been revised and edited from the original chapter]

AISLING POV

"I'm saying, there's no way I'm gonna team up with that guy. Zayn Steinfield" Adrian declaims.

"You might as well accept the choice of not graduating." Andy suggest.

"That, I would." He huffs giving the rest of his fries to me.

I finally put my assignments aside. "Did you just say you would rather not graduate?." I ask looking Adrian squarely in the eye.

"Yes!. I mean no. Just because I'm in the same group as Steinfield and we have to work together which I'm against. Doesn't mean I don't want to graduate."

"Make up your mind dude." I tell him.
"Beside Zayn seem like a cool guy. I don't know why you have a problem with him."

The moment I said those words, I regret it. Adrian took back his fries. Giving all of it to Andy.

"Obviously you would never find any fault in him." He barks. "Because he's Zayn Steinfield. The charming egoistic idiot. And wait he didn't steal your boyfriend. Like he stole my girlfriend. Who am I kidding? You don't even have a boyfriend for him to steal." He scowl at me.

"Jeez." I screech. "You definitely woke up on the wrong side of your bed"

"And don't you forget he's her crush bestfriend.  I mean she has to find him flawless." Andy adds.

"I feel like I'm amidst my enemies. This is so unfair."

"Life is not fair babe." Andy shrugs sending me a wink.

"Of course." Adrian agrees with Andy. "Why else would she not support Zayn?" He snorts.

"This is crazy." I defend myself. "I mean you people are crazy. I didn't say those words because I prefer Zayn or something. I'm just saying because you and Zayn seem not to get along doesn't mean--"

"We don't seem not to get along. We are never going to get along." Adrian declares cutting me off.

"Alright." I raise my hands up. "I give up trying."

"Better." He says.

"But you know--"

"He doesn't want to talk about it, Clark."
Andy smirk.

"Thank you Andy. Maybe she'll understand better and mind her business."

I roll my eyes at them. Totally ignoring both of  them, I focus on finishing my assignments before last period.

This morning after my biology class. I talked to my Biology teacher, Miss. Rose about me not submitting my project. Of course I had to come up with a lame excuse. You do not except me to tell the truth.

In return, being the moody young lady she is. She bought my lame excuse of my imaginary kindergarten sibling drawing doodles on my project. I don't know why she would even believe such excuse. I guess the woman was in a good mood. To cut the story short.. She gave me assignments to cover up my grades. And I have to submit them before school closes.

You could say I got lucky.

I was in the middle of munching my burger and finishing my first assignment. When something caught my attention. Adrian is gripping his Coke so tight. The poor can coke is in pain.

I follow his line of vision. Settling on Zayn, They both seem to be in a sort of glaring competition.

"Crazy people." I mutter to myself.

But I'm definitely not interested in their glaring competition especially after Adrian made it clear for me to mind my business and give up.
I make eye contact with the blue eye boy smiling at me. I mouth an 'hey' smiling back at Alex.

I flash back to the time we spent together yesterday. As promised. Alex got the jersey delivered to me yesterday. It's a new looking blue and white jersey with his name and #1 written boldy at the back.

"Whatever this is about. I suggest you go talk to him instead of shooting death glare at each other." Andy suggests. Oh good! She noticed too.

Adrian breaks eye contact with Zayn. He shoots Andy a glare before making a dramatic exit by grabbing his fries from her. He storms out of the cafeteria with Zayn following behind.

"Those two do not realize what they have in common." I emphasize dramatically.

"Why did you give me your fries when you will have it back? That's not fair." Andy calls out.

I smirk at her. "Please don't say 'Life is not fair, babe.' " She reply quick.

I laugh at her. "I'm not using your words against you."

"You are showing up for the game this Saturday right?" Andy ask packing her bag for her next class.

"Where else would I be?" I question

"Sleeping away your sorrows duh."

I giggle. "Even if I decide not to. I'm not missing tomorrow for anything. I'm definitely showing up!"

"This is me wondering why you are so excited about the game?" She stops to think.
"Are you cheering for Adrian?!" Her eyes widen.
"That bitch! I told him to let me wear his jersey. He went ahead to let you have it. I swear I am  going to murder him." She became more and more angry.

"Adrian is not- and she's gone."

I watch Andy orange hair blobbing up and  down as she storms off pushing every innocent student out of her way.

Poor innocent Adrian is so getting it.

His business like he said. I focus on finishing my assignments before last period.