-[14]-

[This chapter has been revised and edited from the original chapter]

AISLING POV

"Thank you for listening to me."

I smile warmly. Really what other choice do I have if I don't listen to him. I will only miss out on how-- really Aisling? We are not doing this now.

"Thank you for sharing it with me. You deserve to be happy and I know someday you will find someone who will love you enough to put all your broken pieces together and make you happy."

Claire was a cheat and he doesn't even deserve her a bit. He loved her and all he got in return was an heartbreak from her. Obviously he meant nothing to her while she meant everything to him. She never knew how lucky she was to have him. She treated him like he was trash.

The girls sucks and I don't get why I'm so pissed off about it.

"I found her." Alex says relaxing his head on the recliner.

I swallowed.

That could mean anything right?

I found her like I found the girl that has two heads.

"I mean I have just known her for a while. But she possess this uniquely wonderful qualities that makes me want to know more about her. There's something about her smile that captivates me and makes me want to always keep that smile on her face, makes me yarn to be the reason behind her smile. She is god-damned pretty and she makes me feel what I thought I had lost a long time ago. And when I stare into her eyes, they draw me in even more making nothing else matter at that moment. I could go on talking about her all day." He has a wide smile on his face staring dreamily into the air.

I look down at my twiddling thumbs on my lap. I begin to feel queasy hearing him talk about her like she is so damn close to being perfect.
"So you like her? I mean the new girl."
Of course he does. Why else would he have said all that.

"I do like her but I have only known her for a while." He replys.

"It doesn't matter if you have known her for a while. I guess you should make an effort to talk to her about it. She must be lucky to have you." Alex is facing the ground but I can see a small smile on his lips at my words.

"I guess you are right." He shrugs "I can make an effort."

I nod looking down at my twiddling thumbs. "I hope she likes you back." I say above a whisper even thou we are the only ones in the room.

"Yeah." He whisper facing the ground "I hope so too."

This is one of those moments.
The one where you have the talk with someone and after the talk. A comfortable silence takes over. The one that gives you the chance to reminisce about it. All of it.

What was I thinking?
What the hell was i thinking when I kissed him?

He has a girl in his life whom he thinks she's perfect. And here I am thinking.

That maybe someday. Just maybe note the keyword MAYBE. Alex Mc Daniels would reciprocate the feeling I have for him.