8: Attack Attack

A/N: Next chapter is 15 votes & 5 comments away. I have the next 3 chapters planned so get ready for a lot of Jaeson moments.!! Hope everyone is having a great start in the school year.

Maeson still had a smile glued to her face as she replayed the lunch in her head over and over again, though she had agreed that Liam was a great guy, nothing brought her more joy than the face her mother had made when she had made in infidelity comments. She walked home, her ear plugs blasting the strange repetitive beats of Gyroscope (if any of you had seen the thriller/horror movie Sinister and remember the song on there during the credits, this is the song title.)

Taking long but quick strides, Maeson had made it come just as the sun disappeared and night had cast it shadow over Beacon Hills. Digging in her bag for her keys, one of buds fell out, dulling the music slightly. "God damnit." She cursed, taking her bag of fully and set it on her porch stairs as she searched for her keys in complete darkness. The frustration grew within her as she ripped the other bud out her ear and wrapped it around her phone, sticking her phone in her pocket so she could focus on finding her keys.

Within the search, there was a rustle in the patch of slightly dense forest by her house, but since it was Fall, she ignored it. "Finally." She breathed, fishing her keys out but her bliss was short lived as she gaze caught the sight of two large rubies staring at her. Her breath caught in her throat as she slowly stood up, not wanting to set the animal off. Fear had filled her body, trying to rack her mind of what animal it could be but none came to mind. "Easy." She spoke softly, inching to her door but tripping over the transition from stair to porch.

Falling on her side, she whipped her head around to keep an eye on the animal, surprised when she no longer saw the red eyes anymore. She sat quietly for a moment but a snap of a twig made her jump up and run to her door, struggling to find the correct key. She could hear the snarling of the monster and she tried not to look but gave up once she had dropped the keys. "Shit!" She cried, running to the side of her porch and jumping over the railing before making her way quickly to the back side of her house.

"Help!" She screamed, she could hear the trampling of the large animal behind her. The small house next to her was vacant, she didn't expect anyone to hear her but she didn't want to die. Picking up her speed, she dashed to pick up the set of hedge cutters before turning, expecting to be attacked by the animal but instead there was no one or nothing behind her. Keenly, she listened for anything as she slowly backed her way to her back door, one hand behind her too feel the knob when she came close.

Gasping as she felt the soft material of jean, she turned around and screamed, because there stood a very tall and mysterious Derek Hale. "You need to get inside." He said impassively, his eyes glowed a bright cerulean blue as the growl of the monster echoed around them.

Suddenly, he grabbed her by her waist and pulled her into him as he easily kicked in her back door. Still surprised, Maeson didn't have any time to fight him as he slightly pushed her in to his house

Mesmerized by his eyes, she just stood there calmly, which made Derek sigh in relief.

The howl from outside made Maeson snap back in to reality. "I-I should call the cops!" She stuttered, taking her phone out but Derek stepped closer her, making her stop. Without words, he made her uncertain and she slightly dropped her hand. "I-I have to call someone- my da-"Derek shook his head before he turned around and promptly walked out the busted back door. Still shocked, Maeson collected her thoughts as before she brought her phone up to her, eyes still glued to the back door.

"Hello?"

"Jackson, I just-" She stopped, "Jackson there was like a big thing at my house!"

..."What?" Jackson yawned, drained from practice.